2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

With all these QB's going in the first round, it sure looks like we have a great chance of getting a top offensive line guy wheater it's a guard or center or even a tackle. Any one of position's should be great. This draft should really anchor our O line.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

With all these QB's going in the first round, it sure looks like we have a great chance of getting a top offensive line guy wheater it's a guard or center or even a tackle. Any one of position's should be great. This draft should really anchor our O line.

At 13?  G and C are untouched anyway.     I fear DE Lukas Van Ness may be ours right there.

33 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

At 13?  G and C are untouched anyway.     I fear DE Lukas Van Ness may be ours right there.

I fear your fear.  I can live with a DT if we pass on OL, but for the love of god, no DE.

23 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I get strong feeling that there will be only 2 qbs taken in 1st round:  Young a Panther and Levis a Colt.

Also, I think coaching staffs will finally convince JD to take Luke Wypler.

I think quite the opposite. I think we see 4 go quickly in the top 20. And I even see Hooker maybe going at the end of Round 1.

Listening to a podcast and a few Jets guys who have spoken to insiders (take it FWIW) and it sounds like the plan is Tackle 13 and Center 42/43. If we keep both then DT. 

Center rankings go JMS, Tippman, Avila. Depending on how things go they may trade up for JMS. 

Jones, JMS, Mazi would be a hell of a haul. But I don’t want to get my hopes up. 

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Listening to a podcast and a few Jets guys who have spoken to insiders (take it FWIW) and it sounds like the plan is Tackle 13 and Center 42/43. If we keep both then DT. 

Center rankings go JMS, Tippman, Avila. Depending on how things go they may trade up for JMS. 

Jones, JMS, Mazi would be a hell of a haul. But I don’t want to get my hopes up. 

Sure would. I hope JMS falls to 42 if he isn’t I have no issue going Tippman. I like him a ton as well. Avila I like but the guy in several interviews has spoken how he wants to play G not C. So not sure I want him. Give me Wypler over him. But I can’t see both JMS and Tippman both gone by 42.

21 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I get strong feeling that there will be only 2 qbs taken in 1st round:  Young a Panther and Levis a Colt.

Also, I think coaching staffs will finally convince JD to take Luke Wypler.

If Stroud falls to 13, Jets might need to bite. Trade Zach for a 4th and have an elite QB prospect sit under AR for however long he is around. 

56 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

If Stroud falls to 13, Jets might need to bite. Trade Zach for a 4th and have an elite QB prospect sit under AR for however long he is around. 

Stroud, Levis, Young, Richarson will all be gone by pick 10. If one is there at 13 you take him no matter what. You have to take that chance. No way will the Jets have a chance at a high QB next year. Heck Hooker might even be taken in th first round too. 

40 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Stroud, Levis, Young, Richarson will all be gone by pick 10. If one is there at 13 you take him no matter what. You have to take that chance. No way will the Jets have a chance at a high QB next year. Heck Hooker might even be taken in th first round too. 

I can understand passing on Richardson and Levis when we have Zach Wilson - taking another project would be a tough sell, but Stroud is pro-ready. Being able to have him sit a year would be the icing on the cake.

10 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I can understand passing on Richardson and Levis when we have Zach Wilson - taking another project would be a tough sell, but Stroud is pro-ready. Being able to have him sit a year would be the icing on the cake.

If by some miracle Stroud is there at 13 he has to be the pick. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Forgive me for being callous, If Stroud is available at 13, Jets will trade that selection to either Buccaneers, Lions, Vikings or Whoever the F they are.😖

Stroud is my favorite QB in this draft…. But I see no way we go QB with any of our top picks. Maybe a 6th or something. But I even doubt that.

It’s not even that Stroud wouldn’t be worth it. It’s just if we’re trading for Rodgers we are a win now team and that 13th pick can help us make a run at a SB. Where a guy that will be benched doesn’t help us at all