2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

How legendary would it be if we did an OLine draft of...

16: Paris Johnson

42: JMS

43: Avila

LT: Becton

LG: AVT

C JMS

RG: Avila

RT: Johnson

I think it would be the second (maybe third) best draft the Jets ever had.  The problem is the fans and media ****s that only like shiny new skill position players would be screaming their fool heads off.  I am certainly not referring to anyone on this site, but I have seen enough on other sites to confidently make this statement.  Screaming fans by themselves are not an issue.  But it could become an issue if the Woodmeister listens to them.

Regardless, I think a haul like that puts the OL top 5 and could even make Zach look somewhat competent.  Well, maybe not Zach, but almost anyone else.

38 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Overhauling the line like that Hall would run for 2,000 and we could probably get away with a rookie QB after Rodgers lol. 

Now the question is what are the chances we deal for him after the draft? 

I’m really liking the idea of waiting until after the draft. Use all those to 3 picks and really help this team. And then send them that 1st that they want. It’d just be 2024 which should be a late 1st rounder (hopefully very late).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m really liking the idea of waiting until after the draft. Use all those to 3 picks and really help this team. And then send them that 1st that they want. It’d just be 2024 which should be a late 1st rounder (hopefully very late).

That’s what I’m hoping as well. We could come away with another major haul to set us up long term while still going for it short term with Rodgers. 

It would have to break right for us but if he stayed for a 2nd year and our young guys were now superstars we could pull it off. 

29 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

That’s what I’m hoping as well. We could come away with another major haul to set us up long term while still going for it short term with Rodgers. 

It would have to break right for us but if he stayed for a 2nd year and our young guys were now superstars we could pull it off. 

We could potentially draft a starting RT, starting C and a rotational DT or S and still trade for AR post draft.

45 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We could potentially draft a starting RT, starting C and a rotational DT or S and still trade for AR post draft.

Not sure how Saleh, Buddy Hackett and Rodgers would feel about starting two rooks on the OL, but having at least one start on day 1 and then start the other halfway through the season may quell their distaste. If indeed their is any. 

20 minutes ago, xrade said:

Not sure how Saleh, Buddy Hackett and Rodgers would feel about starting two rooks on the OL, but having at least one start on day 1 and then start the other halfway through the season may quell their distaste. If indeed their is any. 

Well you have a OT battle with each of them. Rookie would have to beat out Becton or Brown. Rookie would have to beat out Schweitzer. 

I hate the idea of Brown starting for us. Love him as depth. 

I hope we get to use all our picks this year. I don't really care about what pick we give up in 2024 because it's going to be late anyway if we add Rodgers.  

If we're able to keep our picks this year, we're set. We can trade back to acquire more picks in the top 3 rounds or use the additional pick for the next star player with contract issues.  Lol

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I hate the idea of Brown starting for us. Love him as depth. 

I hope we get to use all our picks this year. I don't really care about what pick we give up in 2024 because it's going to be late anyway if we add Rodgers.  

If we're able to keep our picks this year, we're set. We can trade back to acquire more picks in the top 3 rounds or use the additional pick for the next star player with contract issues.  Lol

Rodgers quit and no 1st round pick?    I most certainly DO CARE.🤬

I don't know about three O-linemen in this draft, but two is absolutely plausible and likely. I also love the idea of not trading ANY picks to Green Bay until next year. Give them a first in 2024, throw in Corey Davis, swap the 13 for the 15 and be done with it.

Now, trading down even further also sounds appealing right now. Moving down from 13 (or 15) to 22 (for example) could net us the missing third-round pick that we currently do not have AND perhaps a 2024 pick. Maybe even a high '24 pick. Baltimore could be one of those desperate teams that might want to move up for someone like Smith-Njigba to further entice Lamar Jackson to stay. We could take advantage of that.

We may then be able to land the C, DT, OT, FS, LB, WR and QB via this year's draft. 

The one exception to this for me would be if there is a possible trade for someone like Ekeler, DeAndre Hopkins or maybe even Kevin Byard available. Otherwise, we could round out this roster via this year's draft. 

Just add Rodgers and we then have something.

18 hours ago, JetsandI said:

For RT, Darnell Wright over Paris Johnson Jr.  Easy.

I’m a Wright fan. I compare him to Andrew Thomas from a few years ago. Doesn’t have the upside that the guys like Wirfs, Becton and such had. But his floor is higher. At bare minimum with Weight you get an above average RT for a decade. Given 1st rounders fail about 50% of the time. I’d take that.

9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m a Wright fan. I compare him to Andrew Thomas from a few years ago. Doesn’t have the upside that the guys like Wirfs, Becton and such had. But his floor is higher. At bare minimum with Weight you get an above average RT for a decade. Given 1st rounders fail about 50% of the time. I’d take that.

Overlooking the word "legendary" is my mistake.

On 4/12/2023 at 9:49 PM, JetsandI said:

Rodgers quit and no 1st round pick?    I most certainly DO CARE.🤬

Let me clear this up, I don't want to have to give up a 1st, but if we did, I'm cool with it being the 24' pick, not the 23 pick. We're talking about a pick that should be later than 20 with Rodgers.