2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

Hopefully things turn around when Zach gets backs.  Not having to draft a QB would be very helpful.  Let's start the college football and NFL draft class discussion.

While this defense has been uninspiring, I think we need a top OT.  Will be hard to pass up a guy like Will Anderson, especially with how well he would fit with Clemons and JJ.  But we have to protect Zach.  We have great pieces on offense, just need to shore up LT and C.  Then rest of the draft keep adding talent to the defense.

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm not writing off drafting a QB until he shows up and proves he's the guy. 

Clearly looking at LT and QB though. Defensively, no position is safe besides CB. I'm open to adding another DT, DE, LB, and Safety. 

We need DT, S, LB and regardless of how this season ends, but those can be had Day 2 or 3 IMO.

DE would be if Anderson falls into our laps.  I'm looking LT in the 1st.  If Zach blows then we may need a vet.  Can we keep trotting out rookies?

8 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm not writing off drafting a QB until he shows up and proves he's the guy. 

Clearly looking at LT and QB though. Defensively, no position is safe besides CB. I'm open to adding another DT, DE, LB, and Safety. 

we cannot keep wasting top 3 picks on QBs. keep building the roster and sign a veteran. we will NEVER win wasting picks on QBs. We cant develop them. cant keep assuming this next guy will be different. If they do decide to, which they shouldn't it has to be with a new staff. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

we cannot keep wasting top 3 picks on QBs. keep building the roster and sign a veteran. we will NEVER win wasting picks on QBs. We cant develop them. cant keep assuming this next guy will be different. If they do decide to, which they shouldn't it has to be with a new staff. 

Yes we need to land a vet QB even if he's on an Alex Smith level.  If we have a new coach, let him draft the QB year 2.  Not entirely new everything with a rookie QB.

I’m a Bryce Young Fan so I’d be cool with him if Wilson doesn’t show he’s HIM. Other than that Offensively we NEED to get a LT and C, Mitchell looks like he could be a steal, wouldn’t mind a developmental G to work behind Tomlinson. Defensively though Jesus Christ we need everything.

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

We need DT, S, LB and regardless of how this season ends, but those can be had Day 2 or 3 IMO.

DE would be if Anderson falls into our laps.  I'm looking LT in the 1st.  If Zach blows then we may need a vet.  Can we keep trotting out rookies?

Yeah, I wasn't mentioning those defensive picks as 1st rounders. 

Yeah, passing Anderson doesn't make sense right now. 

I fear we'll miss on a actual franchise QB if think like this. It all depends on who is there when we pick. I'm not against getting a vet at all, but it depends on who we may have a chance at drafting. The problem isn't drafting QBs, it's who we drafted. We passed Josh Allen for Darnold. We picked Wilson over Jones (If Wilson doesn't work out). Also, giving the keys early to QBs without letting them grow. When we drafted Wilson, we gave him the keys early without a serious battle or even letting him watching a serious vet lead by example.

By the time Joe Johnson & Flacco showed up, Wilson was named captain. Josh Allen had vets to watch and eventually beat them. Mahomes had Alex Smith day 1, then eventually beat him. Herbert had Tyrod Taylor. Mac Jones, Cam Newton. I can go on but I believe that's where we screwed up early with him. Wilson got hurt and actually got to see vets play and clearly learned from it last season. The vet QBs didn't have to be great, but they provided examples for the younger QBs to learn from and bar they must pass. Wilson had none of that. Then the injuries piled up. 

Exactly how the Steelers are doing it right now, is how I believe we were supposed to handle Wilson's start. We acted like Wilson was winning national championships or killed it for years. 1 good season kid from BYU should have been challenged a bit more or given someone he could watch lead and study. I'm not writing off Wilson. He still  can still be good. I think he can grow like Eli Manning did. 

10 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Is this post from last year lol

OT for sure. Becton can't be trusted and we have to decide on his 5th year option in the offseason. I'll be very surprised if we pick it up. Meaning next season will be his last with us under his rookie contract. Fant and Brown will be FAs (assuming we cut Brown who won't cost us anything to cut and will be 38yrs old). Leaving us with really only Mitchell as our only other OT besides Becton. So to say we have 2 huge question marks at OT is an understatement.

And DE needs to be addressed. Lawson has been BAD. Martin has been useless and JJ we haven't seen enough of, but we know he'll be part of this team building. We need to get a star DE eventually. Maybe JJ shows that at some point. But Lawson and Martin just have been awful.

S is our other big need. Whitehead hasn't been as advertised. I'll still give him time bc he was proven. But through 3 games, he isn't the player we thought we were getting. And Joyner IMO should already be on the bench. Still cant believe we cut Pinnock with potential to start there. S needs to be addressed.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Man we already have draft thread going not good. lol. 

If Wilson gets hurt again or tanks QB should be the #1 pick period. Just keep going back until you get it right. 

Tell me how well that's worked over the past 13 years? Talk about not learning from mistakes lol