2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

10 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

He does but what are they?  when majority of this group thought it was a bad idea to go corner with our top pick leading up to the draft, he did it. No one knows what he doesn't value. If anyone mocked us trading up for a RB, people would have lost it. He has positions he values, but he's not going to just pick a position just because he needs one. He's going to look at the best player out of all the needs. If he has 2 prospects with the same grade, then the position value will likely play a part. 

I think he goes now. But values certain positions as well. He will always be a guy that values the LOS. So OL and DL are always in play. Some guys value is too hard to pass up. For the 1st time in a long time we won’t be drafting crazy high. So the likely pick for us will be a guy we have ranked in the top 10 that happens to fall to the teens. What position that is… I don’t know. My guess would be OL if I had to bet money right now. And hear me out as to why…

Becton comes up on us having to choose his 5th year option this winter. I can’t see us doing that. So next year is his last year under our control. Fant is a FA. Brown is under contract, but could retire. Who knows. Now AVT is proven as an OT so he’s always an option there, but I think we’d rather him at OG. But I think we go OT. Worse case is that guy can battle with Becton to start. Or he can be a swing tackle until Becton gets injured again or is gone in a year.

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

My eyes are on Olu Fashanu from Penn State today. He looks great at LT right now. 

It looks like he may end up being top 5 material after this season, barring something's mucked up. Still, he will be 20 years old in December and is about to complete his first year as a full time starter.  He was in the university during the COVID year without playing a snap so what is his hurry to turn pro?  Babes>>>>Pro😁

Anyway, I don't think Jets will draft LT in 1st until Duane Brown's contract is up which is after 2023 season.  Maybe JD can find one LT project in 2nd or 3rd round to be groomed to replace aging Brown as Max Mitchell should man RT permanently.

I have been fixing on Clemson's Trenton Simpson for Jets' first round target.  Justin Simmons and Kyle Hamilton are Safeties that could play LB in pro but Simpson is a natural LB that could play S in a pinch. I prefer that way. However, I am checking out on Oklahoma State's Mason Cobb for non 1st round value.  Any thoughts?

20 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

It looks like he may end up being top 5 material after this season, barring something's mucked up. Still, he will be 20 years old in December and is about to complete his first year as a full time starter.  He was in the university during the COVID year without playing a snap so what is his hurry to turn pro?  Babes>>>>Pro😁

Anyway, I don't think Jets will draft LT in 1st until Duane Brown's contract is up which is after 2023 season.  Maybe JD can find one LT project in 2nd or 3rd round to be groomed to replace aging Brown as Max Mitchell should man RT permanently.

I have been fixing on Clemson's Trenton Simpson for Jets' first round target.  Justin Simmons and Kyle Hamilton are Safeties that could play LB in pro but Simpson is a natural LB that could play S in a pinch. I prefer that way. However, I am checking out on Oklahoma State's Mason Cobb for non 1st round value.  Any thoughts?

I don't think anyone should assume Brown will play in 2023 just because of his contract. There is a report saying that everyone thought he was going to retire after the first injury, but he said he didn't want to end his career like that. He's currently questionable right now. He's 37. If there is a opportunity to draft, sign, or trade for a LT, we should do it. I like the idea of getting Tunsil the most. I'm not banking on Fant or Brown being Jets next season. 

Yeah, Simpson is on my list to watch. I normally have first round LBs I love like Lloyd, Parson, Barr, and etc. Ivan Pace Jr is my guy right now. 

I really like Felix Anudike-Uzomah.  He now has 1.5 years of production and 8 FORCED FUMBLES to go along with his 16 sacks.  I have always wanted to draft an edge rusher who is elite at either 1) first step off the snap 2) bending the edge or 3) forcing fumbles.

He looks like he would be a RE version of Jermaine so IDK if it's better to go after a freak athlete.

Who is looking like the best Center? I'm seeing Stromberg and Wypler.

22 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I don't think anyone should assume Brown will play in 2023 just because of his contract. There is a report saying that everyone thought he was going to retire after the first injury, but he said he didn't want to end his career like that. He's currently questionable right now. He's 37. If there is a opportunity to draft, sign, or trade for a LT, we should do it. I like the idea of getting Tunsil the most. I'm not banking on Fant or Brown being Jets next season. 

Yeah, Simpson is on my list to watch. I normally have first round LBs I love like Lloyd, Parson, Barr, and etc. Ivan Pace Jr is my guy right now. 

I don't track Brown well but I think he had pondered about retiring when he was being FA. He now has 2 year contract, barring whatever happens so he shouldn't think about retirement until after next year.  Still, nothing is guaranteed.

Ivan Pace Jr looks real deal but he is playing for Bearcats?  Come on.😉

10 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I might be willing to take a shot at Derek Carr if he hits the market if Wilson doesn't finish the year strong. Pending on if he's cut or not. I'll watch him some more. Feels similar to the Tannehill situation before he left Miami. 

I would take a shot with Carr. I would also draft a QB too in the first or second round depend who is there. I still think some how some way Arch Manning will be a Jet in 3 years. 

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I would take a shot with Carr. I would also draft a QB too in the first or second round depend who is there. I still think some how some way Arch Manning will be a Jet in 3 years. 

The draft for me is pending on who slips and how good they are compared to the other positions we need. I would be open to a mid round development QB. Someone that may have slipped because of a bad game or injury if we add a vet like Carr. 

On 10/30/2022 at 9:34 PM, rickyt31 said:

I might be willing to take a shot at Derek Carr if he hits the market if Wilson doesn't finish the year strong. Pending on if he's cut or not. I'll watch him some more. Feels similar to the Tannehill situation before he left Miami. 

Someone brought up an interesting name that likely won't get much buzz or demand a huge deal.  Gardner Minshew.  I think the Minch would be the perfect QB here.  He played pretty well on those awful Jags teams and still put up respectable numbers.  I'm not ready to completely write off Zach but he will most certainly need to play better down the stretch.  Minch is like the exact opposite of Zach, not going to wow you with the arm but can spread the ball and around and is accurate.  We just need someone to it the open man because right now they are there to be had.  I think Minch can be that guy.  He's only 26 and now has the seasoning under his belt to step in a be the game manager we need.   

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Someone brought up an interesting name that likely won't get much buzz or demand a huge deal.  Gardner Minshew.  I think the Minch would be the perfect QB here.  He played pretty well on those awful Jags teams and still put up respectable numbers.  I'm not ready to completely write off Zach but he will most certainly need to play better down the stretch.  Minch is like the exact opposite of Zach, not going to wow you with the arm but can spread the ball and around and is accurate.  We just need someone to it the open man because right now they are there to be had.  I think Minch can be that guy.  He's only 26 and now has the seasoning under his belt to step in a be the game manager we need.   

100% agree. Perfect guy to come in here and compete and he seems to be loved by both fans and teammates wherever he is. 

Carr is also an interesting name. Can absolutely win with him with the group we have and what we want to do. He is the rich mans Garapolo. Will cost money though. 

Minshew would be great though. Even if Zach sits next year, he still has another year on the rookie deal. Maybe he comes into camp that year and wows everyone. Bringing in another capable starter doesn't have to mean Zach is done here. It means the rest of the team is ready to win and we can't hold back their development. 

Also it would be smart to draft another guy maybe early day 3. Someone who may have all the athletic and physical tools but is very raw and needs the coaching and that is why he fell. Now you have a capable starter, a high ceiling guy in Zach whose story hasn't been written or written off yet and a raw rookie who will get some reps, learn the playbook and the speed of the NFL. That is what I would do personally. You would have a deep QB room and at the very least if doomsday ensues you have a 3rd guy with talent and can be excited to see play. 

• Like 1