2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

12 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Someone brought up an interesting name that likely won't get much buzz or demand a huge deal.  Gardner Minshew.  I think the Minch would be the perfect QB here.  He played pretty well on those awful Jags teams and still put up respectable numbers.  I'm not ready to completely write off Zach but he will most certainly need to play better down the stretch.  Minch is like the exact opposite of Zach, not going to wow you with the arm but can spread the ball and around and is accurate.  We just need someone to it the open man because right now they are there to be had.  I think Minch can be that guy.  He's only 26 and now has the seasoning under his belt to step in a be the game manager we need.   

That's not a bad name at all. It really depends on how Wilson and White finishes when it matters. I'm not sure if Saleh really has the guts to bench Wilson, but he activated White just in case there was an opportunity. People forget, before his injury, white had his 400yd game, and led us on a 95yd TD drive before getting hurt against the Colts. He came back from his injury against the #1 defense in the league and struggled. If he gets another shot and lights it up, we may not have to add anyone. 

My top-3 outside of the draft now is Carr, Minshew, and White. 

All I want to see is Wilson take advantage of the opportunities in big games and finish with a solid TD/INT ratio. I'm watching other QBs who have been sacked way more than him still do it. The next 2 are big games to me that will tell me a lot. 

Lets be realists here, the Jets need a major overhaul at OL. The Center is old and the Jets have not drafted at the position since Mangold retired. The OT position is in flux with Becton being at best a question mark. We don't know if he will "EVER" play the position again. So we need an OT and C to ad to Tomlinson, AVT will be back. 

I doubt they give Fant a long term deal and they have added some players who have stepped up on the OL and Mitchell is returning. 

Signing former OL pro bowl players who are pushing 40 is not the answer.

So I could see the Jets draft in this order OT, QB, RB, C, WR.

The Jets have to put the screws to Zac and bring in a guy not called White, to push the envelope. RB as Hall is coming off injury, Center and WR but who knows in which order.

The Jets are close to becoming a viable playoff team going into 2023, they have to continue to add "players" like they did this past draft.

Peddle to the metal.

1 hour ago, Big T said:

Lets be realists here, the Jets need a major overhaul at OL. The Center is old and the Jets have not drafted at the position since Mangold retired. The OT position is in flux with Becton being at best a question mark. We don't know if he will "EVER" play the position again. So we need an OT and C to ad to Tomlinson, AVT will be back. 

I doubt they give Fant a long term deal and they have added some players who have stepped up on the OL and Mitchell is returning. 

Signing former OL pro bowl players who are pushing 40 is not the answer.

So I could see the Jets draft in this order OT, QB, RB, C, WR.

The Jets have to put the screws to Zac and bring in a guy not called White, to push the envelope. RB as Hall is coming off injury, Center and WR but who knows in which order.

The Jets are close to becoming a viable playoff team going into 2023, they have to continue to add "players" like they did this past draft.

Peddle to the metal.

They don’t though. Every team in the NFL would struggle in the OL if it had the injuries we do. If anything these injuries are providing solid depth for us and maybe some potential starters. Herbig has been a pleasant surprise. Mitchell was solid when he was given a shot and should only get better with adding strength. AVT showed he 100% could be a starting OT for us, not just OG. Next years OL if healthy has the chance to be great as well as have great depth. JD will always draft OL. But I’m not sold on it being a 1st round need for us. FS is the main position I see a hole for us.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Next years OL if healthy has the chance to be great as well as have great depth.

That is the worrisome part.  We thought that last year and this year.  I realize it is out of JD's control and you can't spend day 1 or 2 picks on OL anticipating an injury, but until the OL can showed sustainable health, it is a big concern.

I think the way JD approached this year is how it should be done.  Draft OL on day 3 and develop.  Make sure you have FA vets that can start if needed but know their role.

12 minutes ago, xrade said:

That is the worrisome part.  We thought that last year and this year.  I realize it is out of JD's control and you can't spend day 1 or 2 picks on OL anticipating an injury, but until the OL can showed sustainable health, it is a big concern.

I think the way JD approached this year is how it should be done.  Draft OL on day 3 and develop.  Make sure you have FA vets that can start if needed but know their role.

Only way I can be ok with going OT Round 1 is if Brown retires. Which I'm not sure he will. Otherwise if we have a healthy OL, whoever we draft at OL in Round 1 is a backup. That rookie wouldn't for sure start over Becton or Mitchell. AVT is an option at RT as well if we wanted to. We'd be better off IMO drafting a guy on Day 2 or 3 and see what falls to us at OL. When it's a day 2 or 3 guy, sitting them for a year isn't bad. Especially with Brown, Laken and McGovern being older. But we have Herbig and Mitchell who we're grooming for those spots already.

S for me is the spot it loos clear now that we need a replacement. Joyner is a FA and isn't that good. Don't let his INTs fool you.

It's in all honesty too hard to tell what we need and don't need. Brown retires and I'm more likely ok to draft an OT in Round 1. We trade Moore, I wouldn't mind a WR high. We don't resign Kwon and I wouldn't mind a LB.

49 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It's in all honesty too hard to tell what we need and don't need. Brown retires and I'm more likely ok to draft an OT in Round 1. We trade Moore, I wouldn't mind a WR high. We don't resign Kwon and I wouldn't mind a LB.

Agreed.  However, Brown's play has not exactly been stellar and Mitchell is still a work-in-progress but I have hope for him next year.  We'll see how he does without AVT next to him if he plays.  Like this offseason, it is going to come down to Becton and his availability.  If JD believes he will come back and actually play, OT may be off the board for day 1 and 2.  I just hope we either keep Brown if he accepts his backup role or pickup a vet.  JD really has to address OC and OF as well, Tomlinson sucks and McG is maybe average at best.

7 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

That's not a bad name at all. It really depends on how Wilson and White finishes when it matters. I'm not sure if Saleh really has the guts to bench Wilson, but he activated White just in case there was an opportunity. People forget, before his injury, white had his 400yd game, and led us on a 95yd TD drive before getting hurt against the Colts. He came back from his injury against the #1 defense in the league and struggled. If he gets another shot and lights it up, we may not have to add anyone. 

My top-3 outside of the draft now is Carr, Minshew, and White. 

All I want to see is Wilson take advantage of the opportunities in big games and finish with a solid TD/INT ratio. I'm watching other QBs who have been sacked way more than him still do it. The next 2 are big games to me that will tell me a lot. 

I think we need to be clear that Mike White is not the answer.  In no way shape or form should Mike White be an option for next year outside of QB #3.  I don't even want him to backup.  Give me Minshew vs Wilson in camp and I'd be thrilled.  

I can say pretty confidently that Minch can make those easy throws Zack is missing right now and if we can just consistently do that our weapons are good enough to create on their own in space.  Right now Zach isn't even hitting the open easy throws which is the most frustrating part.   

On 11/3/2022 at 11:06 AM, Rockice_8 said:

I think we need to be clear that Mike White is not the answer.  In no way shape or form should Mike White be an option for next year outside of QB #3.  I don't even want him to backup.  Give me Minshew vs Wilson in camp and I'd be thrilled.  

I can say pretty confidently that Minch can make those easy throws Zack is missing right now and if we can just consistently do that our weapons are good enough to create on their own in space.  Right now Zach isn't even hitting the open easy throws which is the most frustrating part.   

I am sure that White is his third FA option at this department.  If we are to replace Wilson as qb for 2023, it has to be a qb with plenty of starting experience. Thus, Minshew and White are certainly not the answer there. Still, qb option is too light for Jets to make a major change.

@rickyt31

My video doesn't work on the internet at the moment but after I read several prospects' hype I lightly collect and post here for extra opinion. No need to hurry and give me feedback as I should be online on almost every Saturday.  Thanks.

Knocking 1st round door:

Trenton Simpson, Clemson (No feedback need)

Ivan Pace Jr, Cincinnati (No feedback need)

Mikel Jones, Syracuse

Next thing:

Bryon Young, Tennessee

Mohamed Diabate, Utah (Florida)

Daiyan Hentley, Washington (6th year!)

Shaka Heyward, Duke

DeMarvion Overshown, Texas

Iffy whether or not they fit:

Jack Campbell, Iowa (not sure if he fits but it is the defense of Hawkeyes, lol)

Noah Sewell, Oregon (his brother offers unnatural athleticism but he is only one, umm)

Tommy Eichenberg, Ohio State (speed?)

27 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

@rickyt31

My video doesn't work on the internet at the moment but after I read several prospects' hype I lightly collect and post here for extra opinion. No need to hurry and give me feedback as I should be online on almost every Saturday.  Thanks.

Knocking 1st round door:

Trenton Simpson, Clemson (No feedback need)

Ivan Pace Jr, Cincinnati (No feedback need)

Mikel Jones, Syracuse

Next thing:

Bryon Young, Tennessee

Mohamed Diabate, Utah (Florida)

Daiyan Hentley, Washington (6th year!)

Shaka Heyward, Duke

DeMarvion Overshown, Texas

Iffy whether or not they fit:

Jack Campbell, Iowa (not sure if he fits but it is the defense of Hawkeyes, lol)

Noah Sewell, Oregon (his brother offers unnatural athleticism but he is only one, umm)

Tommy Eichenberg, Ohio State (speed?)

I love your list, dude. I recently checked out Shaka and loved him. Him and Young are great, just have to see how well they can cover in zone. Shaka could be a 2nd round pick after the combine. 

lol Jack Campbell also played for the Bearcats. I'll have to check into the bottom LBs. Sewell is a great prospect if we can get him to drop down to 240lbs. 

One name I would like to toss in, Darius Muasau. The UCLA scheme keeps him back a bit, but is a good run defender and can cover in zone. Highly graded over the years as well. 

I'm adding Emmanuel Forbes to the list. He's the only CB I'm considering early. I know Reed is doing well and we may not be in range to get him, but this dude is too good for me not to consider. 

For Safeties, I really like Christopher Smith, Antonio Johnson, Jay Ward, and JL Skinner. Skinner is someone you can't just look at his size and stats, you have to actually watch him. He does everything that would make Saleh and JD go crazy for him. 

Edited by rickyt31

19 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm adding Emmanuel Forbes to the list. He's the only CB I'm considering early. I know Reed is doing well and we may not be in range to get him, but this dude is too good for me not to consider. 

For Safeties, I really like Christopher Smith, Antonio Johnson, Jay Ward, and JL Skinner. Skinner is someone you can't just look at his size and stats, you have to actually watch him. He does everything that would make Saleh and JD go crazy for him. 

Skinner and Sauce would be great.  Still like Christopher Smith the most we need a FS.

Who is good with Centers? Who fits our OL best?

Ricky Stromberg, John Michael Schmitz, Luke Wypler, Patterson, Sedrick Van Pran.  

I'd love to get one in the 2nd round, even if we trade up to secure.  Then grab a developmental G or T later depending on how the offseason goes.

56 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I'd love to get one in the 2nd round, even if we trade up to secure.  Then grab a developmental G or T later depending on how the offseason goes.

I’m on board with that but I’d also think of OG in round 2. So either OC or OG to replace McG or Tomlinson.

With the galactically huge assumption that Brown and/or Becton will be good to play next year, it makes sense to grab another “Mitchell”. 

With the way Saleh and JD want to build this team/defense and upcoming free agents I think DT is going to be looked at heavily in the 1st round, not LB or S. 

Someone like Siaki Ika would be perfect he’s massive to help with run defense but he’s surprisingly quick rushing the QB. I think him and Q would be unbelievable together then we have the DE rotation to go along with it. While Saleh rotates vets at LB and S for another year. Or we grab Deion Jones in the offseason. 

• Like 1