2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

I am all aboard the sign a veteran QB, but I also think if there is an opportunity to select an athletic QB whose raw and maybe falls to day 3, that we should take that guy and let him sit at least 2 years developing his weaknesses and teaching him the speed of the NFL. Maybe that is how we finally get it right. I dont want to see another top 5 pick wasted on a desperate move that we are forced to start from the rip. It hasn't worked for us. Go the Pennington route, Chad sat 2 full seasons. I do feel like Douglas and Saleh are on the same page and will do what is best for the team moving forward. 

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I am all aboard the sign a veteran QB, but I also think if there is an opportunity to select an athletic QB whose raw and maybe falls to day 3, that we should take that guy and let him sit at least 2 years developing his weaknesses and teaching him the speed of the NFL. Maybe that is how we finally get it right. I dont want to see another top 5 pick wasted on a desperate move that we are forced to start from the rip. It hasn't worked for us. Go the Pennington route, Chad sat 2 full seasons. I do feel like Douglas and Saleh are on the same page and will do what is best for the team moving forward. 

Derek Carr may end up in Tampa.

Jimmy Garoppolo could stay with 49ers or Panthers.

Tom Brady retires for real this time.

Aaron Rodgers stays with Packers.

Who else?  Jets absolutely have zero shot to land a good veteran qb. 

7 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Jarrett Patterson 1500+ snaps and no sacks?  I saw another poster share this so no idea if that's accurate.  Whether we resign CMG or not I want a Center early.  

as Center, he had yet to give up a single sack but he lost battles under 30 times in total. This year, he is playing LG so I don't have any new information.

This isnt a roster for rookie qb’s, its ready to compete for Championships right now.  If a move is made for a new QB, gotta be somebody established.  But all for throwing a dart on day two or three for a guy like Michael Penix or DTR or whoever u like in that range.

With no Rankins and Tanzel Smart in the lineup, our interior was still fine.  Would love to steal a DT that falls in the 1st or 2nd, which will happen like Travis Jones, but we need to take care of the offense and LB.  I don't even care about a coverage LB anymore, we need a guy who can freaking tackle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

With no Rankins and Tanzel Smart in the lineup, our interior was still fine.  Would love to steal a DT that falls in the 1st or 2nd, which will happen like Travis Jones, but we need to take care of the offense and LB.  I don't even care about a coverage LB anymore, we need a guy who can freaking tackle.

This. We need a tone setting MLB. A tackling machine. Mosley was terrific vs the Bills but he, along with Kwon were horrible against the Pats. If not for the DL reaking havoc, they masked a lot of the missed tackles from the LBs and Safeties. 

Adding DT T'Vondre Sweat to my list. Seems like the perfect fit next to QW. 

I think this OT class is really good. I'd be happy with Fashanu, Jones, Johnson Jr, and Skoronski seem legit. One of them could slip to us.  One thing that could be considered is AVT moving out to OT and drafting an OG instead. 

Fashanu is my first round favorite so far. 

7 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Adding DT T'Vondre Sweat to my list. Seems like the perfect fit next to QW. 

I think this OT class is really good. I'd be happy with Fashanu, Jones, Johnson Jr, and Skoronski seem legit. One of them could slip to us.  One thing that could be considered is AVT moving out to OT and drafting an OG instead. 

Fashanu is my first round favorite so far. 

I’d like Skoronski since it seems like he can play OT/OG wherever AVT isn’t. Right?

4 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I’d like Skoronski since it seems like he can play OT/OG wherever AVT isn’t. Right?

Pretty much should be the plan if we drafted him. Depends on how the draft plays out imo. If Fashanu is there, I'd probably take him and kick AVT back inside. If we pick Skoronski, you can almost do whatever you want because of how well we played when AVT was at OT. Skoronski seems like the perfect OG prospect. 

4 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I'm genersally always for going OL early. But if we resign Herbig... where is this rookie playing. Duane Brown and Becton at LT, Laken and LG, CMG at C, Herbig RG, AVT at RT. Now if we dont resign Herbig (I think we should) or Brown retires.... then the move makes more sense. But as of now assuming all those guys are still Jets. OL in Round 1 isnt a great pick.

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm genersally always for going OL early. But if we resign Herbig... where is this rookie playing. Duane Brown and Becton at LT, Laken and LG, CMG at C, Herbig RG, AVT at RT. Now if we dont resign Herbig (I think we should) or Brown retires.... then the move makes more sense. But as of now assuming all those guys are still Jets. OL in Round 1 isnt a great pick.

AVT has to go back to guard. That is why we drafted him. The ability to play OT is terrific but we should really if anything, move on from Tomlinson and sign an a RT. 

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

AVT has to go back to guard. That is why we drafted him. The ability to play OT is terrific but we should really if anything, move on from Tomlinson and sign an a RT. 

We cant cut Laken and it'd be pretty idiotic to not resign a 24yr old RG that has played well this season and shouldn't cost much.