Trevor Lawrence has arrived

notthatbluestuff

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Expectations for young QB's have become too high because a few of them played well early on.

This has a lot to do with it I think. But if a young QB is showing real and significant progress, then teams and fans need to stay patient. Yes, you'd love your young QB to dominate early so you can compete when they cost relatively nothing, but that isn't common.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

But @NYJets4716 told me he only feasts on bad defenses? 

First off, thank you for beating the Ravens.

Secondly, the Ravens defense has been torched a few times. They are one of the more overrated teams in football. The Jets are a better team than the Ravens and should have won week 1, but we beat ourselves. 

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Seems to be a different player since that Broncos game. 

I'm not making the 1:1 player comparison here obviously but that's the exact thing that happened with Allen. Had a 4 turnover game against the Patriots, got benched, and then away he went. Sometimes it just takes that one moment for it to click in.

9 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I'm not making the 1:1 player comparison here obviously but that's the exact thing that happened with Allen. Had a 4 turnover game against the Patriots, got benched, and then away he went. Sometimes it just takes that one moment for it to click in.

It’s almost like judging a player after 1.5 seasons of both good and bad play isn’t the best strategy…

• Like 4

Lawrence has shown flashes but he undoubtedly has been inconsistent. It doesn’t help that the Jags have been talent deficient. But he is definitely playing with confidence…and he is stringing together plays that demonstrate his insane arm talent. I’m a big fan. Hopefully he can keep it going. Having Ridley and perhaps Mayer would look really nice.