Trevor Lawrence has arrived

notthatbluestuff

Before we get out of hand, Trevor did this against probably the worst pass defense he'll face this season.

I'm generally pro-Lawrence, and he did a good job taking advantage of the Titans' weaknesses.  But let's not overplay this.

Titans have like one CB that wasn't called up from the practice squad this week, lost the best linebacker on the team, and had big Jeff injured coming in, worse going out.  Herbert is about to set some passing records next week.

53 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Before we get out of hand, Trevor did this against probably the worst pass defense he'll face this season.

I'm generally pro-Lawrence, and he did a good job taking advantage of the Titans' weaknesses.  But let's not overplay this.

Titans have like one CB that wasn't called up from the practice squad this week, lost the best linebacker on the team, and had big Jeff injured coming in, worse going out.  Herbert is about to set some passing records next week.

What team doesn’t have injuries at this point in the season? The Jags were without their starting CB, S and MLB yesterday. We could do this for every defense/team in the league.

The Titans had only allowed > 20 points once in their last nine games before yesterday. 

Edited by KhanYouDigIt

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

What team doesn’t have injuries at this point in the season? The Jags were without their starting CB, S and MLB yesterday. We could do this for every defense/team in the league.

The Titans had only allowed > 20 points once in their last nine games before yesterday. 

Losing the entire CB group and David Long was new to this week.

I'm not saying the Titans would have won but for injuries.  Like you said, that's true of everyone at this point (although the Titans are again, one of the most injured teams, which seems to just be what Vrabel does), and the Titans' problems go way beyond playmakers being injured.  I'm just qualifying Lawrence's performance.

Like I said, I'm one of the Lawrence defenders.  I think he's going to be very, very good, and there are flashes of very very goodness already, but don't take this game for more than what it was.

13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Losing the entire CB group and David Long was new to this week.

I'm not saying the Titans would have won but for injuries.  Like you said, that's true of everyone at this point (although the Titans are again, one of the most injured teams, which seems to just be what Vrabel does), and the Titans' problems go way beyond playmakers being injured.  I'm just qualifying Lawrence's performance.

Like I said, I'm one of the Lawrence defenders.  I think he's going to be very, very good, and there are flashes of very very goodness already, but don't take this game for more than what it was.

I hear you, but a lot of these throws/plays he made didn’t scream to me “taking advantage of a poor secondary”:

Buddy was throwing dots all over the field.

• Like 1

I have been seriously impressed by TLaw the past month. The guy is dealing. That said this upcoming game is a big test for him. Lets see how he plays vs a top tier Cowboys team before we officially hand him the crown. 

Regardless I think the future is really bright for him... The talent was always there he just needed some time to learn how to really play QB in the NFL.... and now he is balling.

39 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

You started a thread after his 3rd start talking about how he looks like a bad pick. You get no apologies from anyone.

Nope, that was satire as anyone should have been able to figure out. At the time, there were similar threads writing off Zach Wilson and some other QB on the first page which I was simply making fun of. 

I always believed in Lawrence and I’ve been proven right. 

24 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Can you link me to the posts because I can’t recall this exchange.

Not going through 64 pages right now, but I believe somewhere in here. Maybe I am getting you confused, but I remember having to continuously point out the dysfunction/weapon issues in here.

(This post kind of points to you poking at it though)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Not going through 64 pages right now, but I believe somewhere in here. Maybe I am getting you confused, but I remember having to continuously point out the dysfunction/weapon issues in here.

Yes I believe you might be getting me confused with one of the many members of the anti-Lawrence crowd that rather brilliant thread attracted.