Browns DE Myles Garrett involved in car accident

RaidersAreOne

On 9/27/2022 at 10:46 AM, Dome said:

and speaking of nice cars getting ruined by athletes… 

Suh’s carnage: 

yahoo_suhs-car.jpg

Oh hell, my heart BREAKS. A '70 Chevelle SS is a car I've always wanted, it's on my lotto short list.

Dammit, that was a beautiful car.

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

How did he still have license after being cited 6 times? Does Ohio not suspend licenses?

That's a good question. Not the second part, I have had my license suspended in Ohio for much much less but how he could still have a valid license if the report of multiple 100+ mpr stops is true. I'm guessing it isn't true because it seems like they do it for a reason and if they don't suspend someone who had a record like his and he killed himself or others it seems like it could bring on a lawsuit against the state. Or at least add them to a lawsuit. 

11 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

That's a good question. Not the second part, I have had my license suspended in Ohio for much much less but how he could still have a valid license if the report of multiple 100+ mpr stops is true. I'm guessing it isn't true because it seems like they do it for a reason and if they don't suspend someone who had a record like his and he killed himself or others it seems like it could bring on a lawsuit against the state. Or at least add them to a lawsuit. 

I get the police not impounding his car if they are Browns fans or some crap, but if they are actually writing him citations that then get processed through the DMV, this man should not have a license. Or they are purposely giving him standard speeding tickets instead of exhibition of speed or reckless driving, and letting him go to online traffic school multiple times in a year so they don't actually hit his record.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I get the police not impounding his car if they are Browns fans or some crap, but if they are actually writing him citations that then get processed through the DMV, this man should not have a license. Or they are purposely giving him standard speeding tickets instead of exhibition of speed or reckless driving, and letting him go to online traffic school multiple times in a year so they don't actually hit his record.

Ticket for: Regular Construction Zone
16-20 mph over limit $157 $184
21-25 mph over limit $171 $212
26-30 mph over limit $181 $232
31-36 mph over limit $201 $272

At present, those caught driving at speeds excessive enough to grant them membership in the 100 MPH Club are charged with only a minor misdemeanor and minimal fines. (from 2016)

Looks like Ohio is pretty lenient with excessive speed. Also 6th highest fatal crashes and 7th highest population so not abnormally high. Florida and Georgia have higher rates.

Hopefully Garrett slows down. Can't be sure he will learn his lesson but this accident may help save his life.