Trade for Brandin Cook.

jleisher

I'll give the Raiders a first for Davante right now.  I mean, he's losing.  So yah, they get a first and have to eat about 65M of money for that first round pick.

It just the next step up from this trade proposition.  

Realistically, one needs to look like what was explained above.  At least partially.

• Productive receiver
  • Didn't just sign a long term deal or extension
  • Helpful if on a losing team that isn't going anywhere
  • Helpful if that team with the WR has traded draft picks and is looking to recover them
  • Helpful if the team with the WR has limited cap space for next year

I'll keep throwing Claypool out there.  Add in Lockett.  To me those could be more likely candidates.

Then in a next tier....with much lesser probability....Michael Thomas.

Then in a next tier...with even lesser probability...Robby Anderson, Robert Woods

And in another lower tier of probability....DeAndre Hopkins

And after him...Davante Adams

Golladay isn't productive, so he's ruled out.  Denver has looked bad, but the record is okay.  Doubt they would move Jeudy or Sutton.

And once I get by Claypool and Locket, there's not much to really like out there.

Looking ahead to the Nov 1 deadline, my move at this point would be seeing if the Jags would give up Marvin Jones for something like a 5 plus Amari. I honestly have no idea why Amari is on this team. He must just be so completely lost in practice that he can't even get an offensive snap. 12 obviously doesn't care for him, and it doesn't sound like MLF really does either. Moreover, even Bisaccia trusts him so little on PRs that he allegedly told him to fair catch that last punt against TB despite 20 yards of room. To cap things, I'm guessing Amari doesn't really want to be here either given how this last 1.5 years have gone. 

A trade with the Jags could make sense. Amari could join his old college QB and go back to warm weather. Packers would add a late pick to get a veteran player like Jones who can still play (11 rec, 104 and 1 td through 3 games this year). He's in the last year of his deal and I think would only cost around $2.5m for the rest of the season based on his base salary this year. If nothing else, it would be good insurance for Watkins' health concerns the rest of the season. Jones has already been a durable player throughout his career. 

At that point, you'd have to find a new PR, but there are guys on the street who can do what Amari does. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

he allegedly told him to fair catch that last punt against TB despite 20 yards of room

A few of us said this right away, where did ya hear that btw? It was super odd and the timing felt like it could have been like that.

1 minute ago, Norm said:

A few of us said this right away, where did ya hear that btw? It was super odd and the timing felt like it could have been like that.

Bisaccia was asked about it during his PC the other day and he said it was his decision, whether's that's true or he was just covering for Amari's decision. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Bisaccia was asked about it during his PC the other day and he said it was his decision, whether's that's true or he was just covering for Amari's decision. 

Okay I thought that's what you were saying. He could be covering for him too but it just at the point of the game where maybe it was like no no play it safe no matter what. Who knows. Thanks

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

Okay I thought that's what you were saying. He could be covering for him too but it just at the point of the game where maybe it was like no no play it safe no matter what. Who knows. Thanks

Yea, I mean I really didn't care about that play one way or the other, but this entire off-season has been about Bisaccia getting "his guys" on ST and we've seen the overhaul with Ford, Nixon, etc. Just have this feeling that secretly he's pushing/hoping for a more dynamic option at PR and probably pretty "meh" about Amari. 

Not even hating on 8, I liked the pick at the time. But he just seems like a fish out of water right now in Green Bay. Feels more and more like a forced marriage at this point. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Looking ahead to the Nov 1 deadline, my move at this point would be seeing if the Jags would give up Marvin Jones for something like a 5 plus Amari. I honestly have no idea why Amari is on this team. He must just be so completely lost in practice that he can't even get an offensive snap. 12 obviously doesn't care for him, and it doesn't sound like MLF really does either. Moreover, even Bisaccia trusts him so little on PRs that he allegedly told him to fair catch that last punt against TB despite 20 yards of room. To cap things, I'm guessing Amari doesn't really want to be here either given how this last 1.5 years have gone. 

A trade with the Jags could make sense. Amari could join his old college QB and go back to warm weather. Packers would add a late pick to get a veteran player like Jones who can still play (11 rec, 104 and 1 td through 3 games this year). He's in the last year of his deal and I think would only cost around $2.5m for the rest of the season based on his base salary this year. If nothing else, it would be good insurance for Watkins' health concerns the rest of the season. Jones has already been a durable player throughout his career. 

At that point, you'd have to find a new PR, but there are guys on the street who can do what Amari does. 

What does Marvin Jones give this team? Seems like another Ryan Grant type move if Watkins, Lazard, Cobb, Doubs, Watson are healthy, Jones is a GameDay scratch.

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What does Marvin Jones give this team? Seems like another Ryan Grant type move if Watkins, Lazard, Cobb, Doubs, Watson are healthy, Jones is a GameDay scratch.

A. He's insurance for Watkins. B. I've always liked him as a player who is multi-faceted in the passing game. Heady player who would be another veteran guy in the room. His stats over his career speak for themselves. He's just a solid overall player. I'm assuming we aren't going to get an AJ Brown type player at the deadline. I'm trying to be realistic. 

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

A. He's insurance for Watkins. B. I've always liked him as a player who is multi-faceted in the passing game. Heady player who would be another veteran guy in the room. His stats over his career speak for themselves. He's just a solid overall player. I'm assuming we aren't going to get an AJ Brown type player at the deadline. I'm trying to be realistic. 

We need Watson and Doubs to win a SB, no reason to add a vet unless it's of OBJ, Tyler Lockett caliber IMO.

Trade deadline should be for pass rush help or TE IMO. More snaps available there.

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Let's trade for Cooper Kupp

Doubs and a 2023 4th should do it.

We need to invent a time machine and kidnap Jerry Rice from 1992 and bring him to the Packers.  Then we wouldn't even have to trade for him.  He could be "Jerry Rise."

Or just sign Jerry Rice right now.  He would be better than that bum Jerry Jeudy that everyone keeps propping up.

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Trade deadline should be for pass rush help or TE IMO. More snaps available there.

Not sure where we'll find TE help. Position is pretty meh right now around the league. I'm all for it but I just don't see the market. We need to draft the position. Had ample opportunity this last draft class but we ignored it, again. I guess we could always try to pry Fant away from the Seahawks but that would probably cost us a pretty penny.