TNF: Miami @ Cincinnati

Sad People

2 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

We can agree or disagree about those two hits being dirty or not. But we all know what happened last night to Tua falls at the feet of the Dolphins.

Yep. If your player can't withstand a football hit, even if it's not 100% clean, he's not safe to play.

Not saying the hit was dirty or not, just arguing that it's not relevant. The house was glass before the rock got thrown at it.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Milano's hit wasn't all that dirty either. Ever so slightly late, but really just a shove. Nothing dirty, intentional, or egregious. Just a very unfortunate result.

right.. there was a penalty called on the Bills hit because it was a little late.

Literally nothing illegal or dirty at all about the hit last night... just a sack 

5 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Hey right on. Nothing wrong w/ that. Their success could be passed around to many people along w/ Burrow's development even though he was getting destroyed all year. I think coaching had a lot to do w/ it especially b/c the team is so young. Nothing wrong w/ disagreeing though

I like you 

23 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Shouldn’t Tua get some blame for playing also? Players know the risk of playing and being concussed and he chose to still go out there.

Another element to this is that that wasn’t exactly an option for Tua. If come Tuesday or Wednesday he comes out and says he’s worried about his head and doesn’t feel quite right, then the Dolphins are thrown under the bus for A) trotting him back out there on Sunday (which they were already being looked at for), and B) labeling it a back injury when it’s obvious to anyone with eyes that it was his head. 

I guess he could’ve said something and then Miami could’ve marked him out with the back, but they’d still look pretty bad for letting him play vs the Bills then. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Another element to this is that that wasn’t exactly an option for Tua. If come Tuesday or Wednesday he comes out and says he’s worried about his head and doesn’t feel quite right, then the Dolphins are thrown under the bus for A) trotting him back out there on Sunday (which they were already being looked at for), and B) labeling it a back injury when it’s obvious to anyone with eyes that it was his head. 

I guess he could’ve said something and then Miami could’ve marked him out with the back, but they’d still look pretty bad for letting him play vs the Bills then. 

Aren't the Dolphins covered by whomever the NFL has performing the concussion protocol exams on game-day?

NFL should get all the blame. Yeah, Tua agreed to go out and I think if he said he wasn't good to go he would've been sat, but the NFL is the one creating all the procedures and guidelines to cover their butts from lawsuits and future medical payouts - and it all failed spectacularly here. Someone on their medical staff is at best negligent and at worst corrupt.

26 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Aren't the Dolphins covered by whomever the NFL has performing the concussion protocol exams on game-day?

NFL should get all the blame. Yeah, Tua agreed to go out and I think if he said he wasn't good to go he would've been sat, but the NFL is the one creating all the procedures and guidelines to cover their butts from lawsuits and future medical payouts - and it all failed spectacularly here. Someone on their medical staff is at best negligent and at worst corrupt.

Yes as far as the procedure goes, but I was talking more about the deliverance of information. The Dolphins put out Tua’s injury status, not the NFL’s medical staff. If Tua says “my head’s bothering me, I’m not playing Thursday” or anything to that effect, it falls on both the Phins and the medical staff

I’m not a conspiracy guy so I don’t jump into any collusion or corruption here, but I think it’s potentially gross negligence of the medical staff and common sense negligence of McDaniel/the coaches. Players have come out and said they’ve lied to doctors, purposely done terrible on their baseline tests, and found ways to get by on the bill of health. I don’t know if Tua did that or not, but that’s really the only out for the medical staff IMO. That, or they followed protocol exactly and Tua technically passed, in which case the bill falls on McDaniel for lacking the common sense that every viewer had watching Tua barely able to walk off the field on Sunday.

They are two separate problems. The medical staff procedure, and McDaniel’s/Miami’s refusal to protect Tua.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 3:22 PM, Fresh Prince said:

Shouldn’t Tua get some blame for playing also? Players know the risk of playing and being concussed and he chose to still go out there.

Players lie about their health because their contracts aren't guaranteed.  Every person in the universe knows this and teams take advantage of it.

52 minutes ago, Charles said:

Players lie about their health because their contracts aren't guaranteed.  Every person in the universe knows this and teams take advantage of it.

I also remember when Big Ben self-reported his concussion symptoms. He took a lot of heat for that; Tua, whose been dragged for apparently not being that guy and being tough enough, would've faced at least likewise scrutiny. As one player mentioned on GMF, there's soft pressure around the league for players to play through injury, serious injuries notwithstanding.

1 hour ago, Duluther said:

I also remember when Big Ben self-reported his concussion symptoms. He took a lot of heat for that; Tua, whose been dragged for apparently not being that guy and being tough enough, would've faced at least likewise scrutiny. As one player mentioned on GMF, there's soft pressure around the league for players to play through injury, serious injuries notwithstanding.

Oh, there's no question if the Dolphins cleared him, and Tua said he wasn't good to go, he would've been ripped apart. Everyone who doesn't buy Tua as a franchise QB would be going nuts on Twitter.

• Like 1