TNF: Miami @ Cincinnati

Sad People

11 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I think it’s entirely possible that the incident last night is independent of what happened Sunday. That throw down to ground was that violent, I think most, if not all, would’ve been concussed by that. It’s just terrible optics all round.

Yeah, definitely a fair argument.

I've seen players in other sports though that have had a recent history of concussion get re-concussed with the most lightest of head contacts though. For me, it is an accumulation. But it won't be proven, and that take down was enough to concuss someone, yes.

1 hour ago, FinSting said:

Since last night was thankfully the first concussion Tua has ever dealt with, I have him on the injury list as Day-to-Day for the Jets game Oct 9th. 

I just hope that the Dolphins are forced into considering this the second concussion in one week. It’s a different algorithm than someone’s first concussion. If they treat this like the first concussion, he has a decent chance of being on the field next week…which is insane at this point. At some point common sense must prevail

11 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah, definitely a fair argument.

I've seen players in other sports though that have had a recent history of concussion get re-concussed with the most lightest of head contacts though. For me, it is an accumulation. But it won't be proven, and that take down was enough to concuss someone, yes.

Was it not last season in that Chiefs-Chargers game on TNF that a player had a similar reaction and was hospitalised from how hard he hit the turf? 

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

I just hope that the Dolphins are forced into considering this the second concussion in one week. It’s a different algorithm than someone’s first concussion. If they treat this like the first concussion, he has a decent chance of being on the field next week…which is insane at this point. At some point common sense must prevail

The coaches needed to use their eyes and be able to figure out that a player who struggled to walk after head trauma probably shouldn't be thrown back into action four days later - regardless of whether a single doctor said it was okay.

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Remember when every team was looking for the next Sean McVay and trying to draw water from the same tree?  I do.

I do too. And looking at results it's pretty easy to see why:

McVay - Super Bowl champ, currently 2-1

Zac Taylor - AFC Champ, currently 2-2

Kevin O'Connell - currently 2-1 in first season as coach

Matt LaFleur - three 13-3 seasons to start his career

Liam Cohen will be a HC next year and we will probably see similar success.

Staley isn't doing great, but the jury is still out. Taylor started worse and ended up taking the Bengals to the Super Bowl.

9 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

I actually don’t hand it to him for last year at all. They were largely the same team as they are this year, they just lived off of heaving it to Chase. It’s unfortunate that he probably bought himself at least 2023, even if Cincy bottoms out this year.

Hey right on. Nothing wrong w/ that. Their success could be passed around to many people along w/ Burrow's development even though he was getting destroyed all year. I think coaching had a lot to do w/ it especially b/c the team is so young. Nothing wrong w/ disagreeing though

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It was never a dirty hit. Outcome over action is a stupid way of judging things like this.

This. What happened to Tua is sad but there are only so many precautions that can be made before the game devolves to two-hand touch.

It was simply a clean play in a violent sport. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

I don't want to see him back for another 3-4 weeks, and even then only in the base case scenario with his recovery (and passing every test with flying colors). He has not only his career but his life after football to think about at this point.

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Your blaming the Bengals for this? Wow.

Wow. If that’s what you got from my comment, then I feel sorry for you. Just because I think the hit was dirty doesn’t absolve the Dolphins for what they did.

FYI - Putting Tua out on the field 4 days after having a concussion is crazy. Everyone should already understand that, but I guess people like you need everything spelled out.

Edited by Tony7188

21 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Milano's hit wasn't all that dirty either. Ever so slightly late, but really just a shove. Nothing dirty, intentional, or egregious. Just a very unfortunate result.

We can agree or disagree about those two hits being dirty or not. But we all know what happened last night to Tua falls at the feet of the Dolphins.

• Like 2