Week 4 Games

Striker

16 minutes ago, Striker said:

Miami's training/coaching staff is going to be in even deeper **** now.

They should be. They blamed his stumbling last week on a back injury. No idea what the fine is but it should include loss of a draft pick, so teams know the league is serious. 

Edited by Old Guy

Yah that was pretty hard to watch.  Head and neck injury.  Took him to a level 1 trauma center.  Hope he's alright.  Damn that sucks.  Don't they have independent Doctor's to check for concussions?  Thought they did.  If that's the case can't really blame Miami's training staff.   

While this makes for an exciting autumn afternoon, football's high-impact hits also make concussions a serious concern. In response to such concerns, the NFL created a Concussion Diagnosis and Management Protocol in 2011. One part of the protocol is to have Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Consultants (UNCs) at each game.

Looked it up.  

8 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yah that was pretty hard to watch.  Head and neck injury.  Took him to a level 1 trauma center.  Hope he's alright.  Damn that sucks.  Don't they have independent Doctor's to check for concussions?  Thought they did.  If that's the case can't really blame Miami's training staff.   

While this makes for an exciting autumn afternoon, football's high-impact hits also make concussions a serious concern. In response to such concerns, the NFL created a Concussion Diagnosis and Management Protocol in 2011. One part of the protocol is to have Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Consultants (UNCs) at each game.

Looked it up.  

It's on both:

21 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The doctor who made the case that "Tua did not have a concussion" last Sunday should consider resigning his medical license.

Yah just watched the video of the hit he took against the Bills.  How he could have passed protocal after that hit is beyond me.  Head hit the turf hard and he was clearly dazed.  So yah Cabbage have to agree with you.

Edited by Scoremore

I love how it’s all about the doctors and nothing on the player.

All it takes is Tua saying, “No, I’m not right. I can’t play.”

This is an area I admire Rodgers for. Dude has a concussion? He sits.

Personal accountability is a thing and I’m pretty sure players are out there lying about concussions when they shouldn’t be.

Peyton Manning spoke a couple years ago about how easy it is to lie through the protocol.

So… I’ll admit I don’t know the process now, but there’s got to be SOME kind of accountability on the part of the player.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I love how it’s all about the doctors and nothing on the player.

All it takes is Tua saying, “No, I’m not right. I can’t play.”

This is an area I admire Rodgers for. Dude has a concussion? He sits.

Personal accountability is a thing and I’m pretty sure players are out there lying about concussions when they shouldn’t be.

Peyton Manning spoke a couple years ago about how easy it is to lie through the protocol.

So… I’ll admit I don’t know the process now, but there’s got to be SOME kind of accountability on the part of the player.

problem is that a concussed person may not have their wits about them to be accountable.

have to wonder how he passed the cognitive performance tests.

22 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

problem is that a concussed person may not have their wits about them to be accountable.

have to wonder how he passed the cognitive performance tests.

I’ll admit I don’t know enough, but from the things Brady, Favre, Manning have said… I’m led to believe there’s some personal player accountability at play.

That has to be talked about.

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’ll admit I don’t know enough, but from the things Brady, Favre, Manning have said… I’m led to believe there’s some personal player accountability at play.

That has to be talked about.

if someone can game the tests, the problem is the test not the subject