Week 5 GDT: San Francisco 49ers at Carolina Panthers

J-ALL-DAY

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Couldn’t ask for more than he has provided thus far. 1 INT and 8 PDs in 5 games? With good run defense on top of his elite coverage? Yeah, that will do lol. 

He looks absolutely like a shut down corner so far. Mosley’s been good enough they’ve had to throw his way on occasion, but Ward is right there every time. Even that one reception was a clear push off. Not something that would usually be called, but tough to defend that. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, straighthate said:

He looks absolutely like a shut down corner so far. Mosley’s been good enough they’ve had to throw his way on occasion, but Ward is right there every time. Even that one reception was a clear push off. Not something that would usually be called, but tough to defend that. 

Every corner is going to allow catches and some of the ones Ward allows is going to go for big yards due to how aggressive he plays at the LOS, but he's going to win FAR more times than he loses. He's amazing. Moseley has been equally as good and that's the shame of his injury. 

Get me clutch Jimmy back on money downs and we are rolling! Then this is 2019 all over again. Tell me how it is not?? Let's gooo Jimmy!!!!!!!! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Don’t want them to rush Bosa back either. ATL also has turf. Rest him. 

I think he's going to miss that game regardless. The question is will he miss the Chiefs game and even the Rams game and just return after the bye week or does he give it a go beforehand? What sucks is he's going to end up dropping out of the DPOY race by missing 2-3 games. He already missed the 2nd half of this game when he would have had plenty of chances to add on to his sack lead. Oh well, just gotta hope he gets healthy soon. 

Omenihu looks like a player, will be interesting to see what we do with him in the offseason. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think he's going to miss that game regardless. The question is will he miss the Chiefs game and even the Rams game and just return after the bye week or does he give it a go beforehand? What sucks is he's going to end up dropping out of the DPOY race by missing 2-3 games. He already missed the 2nd half of this game when he would have had plenty of chances to add on to his sack lead. Oh well, just gotta hope he gets healthy soon. 

Omenihu looks like a player, will be interesting to see what we do with him in the offseason. 

With all the people expecting to miss next week, going to be a really tough matchup with Atlanta. They play all 4 quarters, and they play hard. I could see that being a 32 - 27 type game. 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

With all the people expecting to miss next week, going to be a really tough matchup with Atlanta. They play all 4 quarters, and they play hard. I could see that being a 32 - 27 type game. 

Definitely, I expect a dog fight. I don't know if it will quite that high scoring of a game but the Falcons should be able to put up some points with all these injuries. Our run defense in the interior can still be a problem at times. 

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I don’t see the point in putting Bosa or Verrett out there on turf next week. I would rather use what we have healthy on the d-line, throw Mooney and Lenoir outside and put Womack back in the slot.

then when KC rolls around, we could potentially get a few players back like Kinlaw, Armstead, T.Williams, maybe TDP on top of having a fresh Verrett and Bosa

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Every corner is going to allow catches and some of the ones Ward allows is going to go for big yards due to how aggressive he plays at the LOS, but he's going to win FAR more times than he loses. He's amazing. Moseley has been equally as good and that's the shame of his injury. 

Get me clutch Jimmy back on money downs and we are rolling! Then this is 2019 all over again. Tell me how it is not?? Let's gooo Jimmy!!!!!!!! 

With Jayloon Moore being doo doo. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

I just realized...

E-man's injury means...

The barnacle is likely back. Donttaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeee Johnson!!!!!!!!!!

Like Shadow from FF6. A vagabond that comes and goes like the wind. Same with his level of play. Alas, happy if he can contribute. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Womack is going to be getting a bunch of PDs but I'm curious to see how his long speed holds up on a weekly basis, especially against KC

KC doesn't have as many downfield threats. They have MVS but he's a poor man's Sammy Watkins. Hardman is banged up and doesn't look explosive at all. Juju is good at being juju but he's basically a poor man's Anquon boldin and doesn't have long speed. Almost a TE to be honest. 

Give Kelce the davante Adams treatment. None of their other weapons are worth a damn.  

Skyy Moore is a wildcard though.