Week 5 Games

Leader

Just now, Old Guy said:

I repeat Zappe is good. 

You really love that dude. lol. I thought I liked him when I watched him play a couple times at Houston Baptist when most FCS teams were waiting until spring. Didn't think he'd ever be a pro starter or anything.

It's also the Lions D.

Just now, beekay414 said:

And he has 165 yards lol

He's got the arm of a 12 year old girl.

Yeah there's not enough of it there. I know he threw for 12819829018209812 yards in college but that's just Air Raid **** and going really fast. He's probably got enough going for him, but I don't think that arm is ever going to be enough. Just like watching Skylar Thompson throw in the NFL today, though I think Thompsons is worse myself.

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

You really love that dude. lol. I thought I liked him when I watched him play a couple times at Houston Baptist when most FCS teams were waiting until spring. Didn't think he'd ever be a pro starter or anything.

It's also the Lions D.

He's smart, has some arm talent, makes good decisions. I think he's exactly what Hoody likes in a QB. I think he's Mac Jones with a bit better arm. 

Just for the record I really like Zac Wilson too. Never professed to be a quarterback guru, but Zappe seems to have the "it" characteristic. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Yeah there's not enough of it there. I know he threw for 12819829018209812 yards in college but that's just Air Raid **** and going really fast. He's probably got enough going for him, but I don't think that arm is ever going to be enough. Just like watching Skylar Thompson throw in the NFL today, though I think Thompsons is worse myself.

Zappe and Thompson are the prime reasons why I 100% believe Graham Mertz, Wisconsin's QB, will get a legit shot in the NFL. He's got every tool in the book and it only took one game post-moron for him to flash that potential again. Now, still 6 more games to go but Mertz has tools and legitimate coaching will drool over them.

Just now, Old Guy said:

He's smart, has some arm talent, makes good decisions. I think he's exactly what Hoody likes in a QB. I think he's Mac Jones with a bit better arm. 

His arm is worse than Jones IMO, like maybe by a decent margin, even though that is easily the Mac dig, I do think he knows the game and probably would process stuff pretty well, who knows. I don't think there's enough there to be anything long term though. Arm is maybe NFL average, maybe, he's short, he can move a bit but he's no plus athelete at QB. He'd by purely on being sharp. 

1 minute ago, Norm said:

His arm is worse than Jones IMO, like maybe by a decent margin, even though that is easily the Mac dig, I do think he knows the game and probably would process stuff pretty well, who knows. I don't think there's enough there to be anything long term though. Arm is maybe NFL average, maybe, he's short, he can move a bit but he's no plus athelete at QB. He'd by purely on being sharp. 

His arm is definitely worse than Jones. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The only reason George Pickens isn't on this roster is because he's not "Packer People" enough. For once, I'd love to just go after talent and not personality traits lol. This isn't church.

Don't want players calling out crappy coaching in lockerroom post game Q and A.