Week 5 Games

Leader

8 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I had reservations about Hackett in a head coaching role. Just seemed like too nice a guy. Promotions are sometimes career enders unfortunately. Just because you are a great car salesman doesn't mean you'll be a great sales manager. 

Peter principle on display. It’s tough to win at this level, but he could turn it  around and get some wins. It’s the way the offense looks that is most damning, win or lose. He might not be a HC for long but he’ll find work again. Plenty of guys go back to coordinate after they got thrown to the wolves as a HC. 

Edited by Refugee

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

There's no way the Broncos didn't hire Hackett with the intent of trading for Rodgers lol

I thought this as well and considered his hiring a bad omen to our keeping AR - but - I felt AR wanted out as well, so I misread those tea leaves badly.
I think Russ was the consolation prize and so far, it's not much of one.

Wilson was just terrible.  No way around it.  Not the same player we are used to seeing.  Yah he looks washed for sure.  Ryan my god the dude was under intense pressure all night.  Had absolutely no time in the pocket.  That has to be the worst O-line play I have ever witnessed.  Downright awful.  Doesn't help that he's a statue back there.  I'll give Ryan a pass just because that O-line.

Edited by Scoremore

I, for one, love this Russell Wilson.  What is it about the Broncos and horrible cheesy QBs that somehow luck into victories 12-7 that gives me joy? The only thing that would have made the game better last night, would be if the Colts had missed the FG at the end of the game and lost, sending the Broncos to 3-2, still with a negative point differential.  Like, the games stink.  But it is fun as hell right now to say "This is Broncos Country!  Let's Ride!"