What do the Eagles do with NO's 2023 first-round pick?

notthatbluestuff

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:
1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Still plenty of season left, but it's very safe to assume the Texans are on the clock.

We said the same thing with Trevor Lawrence and the Jets...there's a reason why the games are played.

Say you've never seen the Texans play without saying you've never seen the Texans play.

33 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Wasn't Houston a shoe-in to be the worst team last year?

They weren't too far off, they picked 3rd - and that was because they beat an Urban Meyer led Jacksonville team twice. To complicate matters, they didn't change anything from that '21 team. Jacksonville made positive changes, Detroit made good changes but Houston opted to promote Lovie Smith into a position he's proven to fail in (when he doesn't have a HoF MLB and the best KR in NFL History) and give a QB with a 2-7 record as a rookie the title of unquestioned starter. The Seattle tank is a bit overblown and Atlanta can run the hell out of the ball, Carolina has a defense that can carry Baker to a few wins, Steelers will get TJ Watt back but the Texans really have nothing to rely on to win a game (unless rookie Dameon Pierce rushes for 200 yards in a game).

In addition - the 30th best team in the NFL last year drew the 5th hardest schedule in football this season:

Look, I'd love to see a few runs this season, but literally every unit on the Texans is manned by either a rookie/sophomore or a player destined for XFL/USFL delegation (save for Brandin Cooks and Laremy Tunsil). This four win team last year isn't going to be gifted two wins this year because Urban Meyer is gone and Trevor Lawrence is actually good this season. The Texans best shot at a win was Chicago ...and that was a pretty convincing loss. Anything COULD happen, sure. But if I'm a betting man (I am, for the record) Texans will lose 14-15 games this season (Texans MIGHT steal one from Tennessee in Houston).

(Willing to sig bet this, btw).

All this being said - this all is by design. Save for Tunsil, pretty much every piece of the Bill O'Brien era is gone. The cap withstood the purge and will be sitting north of $100mm next season. With the picks from Cleveland, the Texans should have five picks in top 100 in the '23 draft - and Nick Caserio is pretty adept at using those picks to navigate the draft board to get the guys he wants. 

The Texans are going the baseball and basketball route - completely bottom out for a few years and build from rock bottom. It worked for the Astros. Looks like it's working for the Rockets, too (at least on paper). Now it's the Texans turn...

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Still plenty of season left, but it's very safe to assume the Texans are on the clock.

NE has to slowdown the #1 offense in the league, the Detroit Lionswith a backup’s backup starting at quarterback…they also play in the same division as two top 5 passers (Allen and Flaccoand another dangerous HC who has clearly shown he’s willing to risk it all. 

We’ll see…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Assuming that Hurts doesn’t revert back to mediocrity in this coming weeks. I’d imagine they will just go with BPA with a mid first round pick if I had to guess. 

My guess right now is it's somewhere between 10-12. Let's not forget, y'all could've also lost to the Falcons very easily. Could just as easily lose the next 3 games. There's only like 3 or 4 games left on your schedule where I'd favor you guys.

Las Vegas
Pittsburgh
Atlanta
Carolina

1 hour ago, Danger said:

My guess right now is it's somewhere between 10-12. Let's not forget, y'all could've also lost to the Falcons very easily. Could just as easily lose the next 3 games. There's only like 3 or 4 games left on your schedule where I'd favor you guys.

Las Vegas
Pittsburgh
Atlanta
Carolina

We’ve also played with a huge injury list to start the year including Winston, Thomas, and Kamara on offense. Should improve as the season goes. More importantly we have been in every game until late in the game. In our losses we have beaten ourselves more than our opponents have beaten us with uncharacteristic fumbles from guys that rarely fumble and several unnecessary penalties haven’t done us favors either. In other words, I don’t think it’s a talent issue with our roster and our areas of concern are very correctable going forward.

Edited by tyler735