A1 - Netherlands
A2 - Ecuador

B1 - England
B2 - USA

C1 - Argentina
C2 - Poland

D1 - France
D2 - Denmark

No surprise that the Netherlands came out atop Group A.  I figured Senegal was probably more likely to come in 2nd in Group A, but I picked the upset with Ecuador.  Senegal's 2-1 win over Ecuador ended up being the deciding factor.  Thought Qatar might have had a game where they were within a goal of their opponent.

Group B was pretty much par for the course, but I thought Wales would put up a bigger fight.  Losing 0-2 to Iran and 0-3 to England is wildly dissappointing.

Group C was pretty much what I expected.  Mexico probably should have advanced, but they seem to play poorly on big stages.  The Argentina upset was crazy, but that's the highlight of the year for Saudia Arabia.

Chalk Denmark in Group D as one of the more disappointing showings in the World Cup.  Didn't expect to see Australia advance in this one at all.

• Like 1

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1704545/Netherlands-World-Cup-news-flu-outbreak-USA-Louis-van-Gaal-Frenkie-de-Jong-Qatar

Netherlands manager Louis van Gaal could be sweating over the availability of some of his key players ahead of Saturday's World Cup last-16 clash against the USA. The Dutch camp has been hit by a flu outbreak, likely due to the extreme air conditioning in Qatar, with crucial midfielder Frenkie de Jong among those affected.