2022 FIFA World Cup [Sun, 20 Nov 2022 – Sun, 18 Dec 2022]

Hunter2_1

Love being able to watch all the replays on Tubi. Their menu is spoiler free and their cuts of the broadcast knock out all the fluff. I typically torture myself every world cup to wake up for games and now I don't have to.

That SK win was awesome. Looked like they were starting to get bullied physically with the refs letting Portugal bow up with aggression, and then they pulled that extra time goal out of nowhere. I watch a lot of SK entertainment shows and the heroic moments/players of their national team are worshipped. Have to imagine this game will join those ranks. 

Gun to my head I don't see many surprises coming out of the knockout stage, so this eventful group stage was a lot of fun.  

E1 - Germany
E2 - Spain

F1 - Belgium
F2 - Canada

G1 - Brazil
G2 - Switzerland

H1 - Portugal
H2 - Uruguay

Germany and Spain seemed like the obvious choices to come out of Group E, so seeing Germany finish Group E in 3rd place is shocking.  The more shocking part was seeing Japan finish atop the group as I had them finishing 4th.  Hats off to them for winning the group.

Other than Germany, Belgium not advancing will go down as one of the biggest news from this year's World Cup.  I picked Canada as an upset, but they fell flat in this year's World Cup.  I thought 3 points might be what it took to win this group.

Brazil and Switzerland finishing atop the group wasn't terribly surprising.

Portugal was the easy pick to win the group, but really didn't see South Korea advancing.  I thought it was more likely they'd finish 4th than 2nd as I had them finishing 3rd in the group.

Time for my bracket predictions.

Netherlands over United States (3-1)
Argentina over Australia (2-0)

Croatia over Japan (2-1)
Brazil over South Korea (4-0)

England over Senegal (2-1)
France over Poland (0-0, PK)

Spain over Morocco (2-0)
Portugal over Switzerland (3-1)

Netherlands over Argentina (3-1)
Brazil over Croatia (2-0)

England over France (2-1)
Spain over Portugal (3-1)

Netherlands over Brazil (3-1)
Spain over England (2-1)

Netherlands over Spain (1-1, PK)

Netherlands putting up 3 goals?? They haven’t showed anything that would suggest they can open up the US and attack them and vise versa for the US. 

But you also have them putting up 3 goals on a damn good Brazil defense so idk. 

Also rumbles for a flu going around the Dutch. 

Edited by agarcia34

Netherlands lineup for this game offers an opportunity for US to win. Think they’re playing it rather safe tbh. The Dutch have a massive talent advantage but it really hasn’t shown all tournament so far. Obvious favorites but think US has some shot to win but win in penalty kicks. But they must attack the flanks