Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

11 hours ago, Old Guy said:

It's unmitigated bull**** too. Both CBs were way off LOS on the first play of that drive where gave them free yardage to get the drive going.

This is such a cheap shot by Barry. It disgusts me. 

It is a surprising quote to me.

As in...

1) He's throwing Valentine under the bus.

2)  He's throwing his defensive call system under the bus.

3)  He's throwing his team captains under the bus.

4)  He's throwing himself under the bus because his CB didn't know what coverage to run at the end of the game???

And there may be more.  

To me, he's now nailing the coffin shut from the inside, which is....

Monty Burns Excellent GIFs | Tenor

#Packers DC Joe Barry on trying to find consistency with his defense: "When we consistently play with 11 guys as one, we've proven we can play with anybody in this league. When one guy's off, when another guy's off, it kills you."

If only Barry were more inspirational

e4140b6d59d716a1a5f86b86a2bbb8c6313bec9e

Edited by Mazrimiv

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

It is a surprising quote to me.

As in...

1) He's throwing Valentine under the bus.

2)  He's throwing his defensive call system under the bus.

3)  He's throwing his team captains under the bus.

4)  He's throwing himself under the bus because his CB didn't know what coverage to run at the end of the game???

And there may be more.  

To me, he's now nailing the coffin shut from the inside, which is....

Monty Burns Excellent GIFs | Tenor

I took the time to listen to his presser.  Actually guy sounded OK to me.  Don't get me wrong not a fan.  Didn't really throw anyone under the bus.  On CV said that since he didn't get the call he played it safe which was smart.  Can't really blame him for not seeing Vito escaping the pocket like he did.  I wouldn't have envisioned that either.  Pass rush has been really good last few games. 

Regardless he needs to be more aggressive.  Send a CB blitz.  Mix it up and try to confuse these young inexperience QB's.  Dunno I still want Leonhard.  Play an attacking style of D.  Clearly the D is underperforming given all the talent on that side of the ball.  Don't know what MLF is going to do.  Maybe Gute and Murphtones will pressure him into making a change.  Getting some guys back hopefully this week.  Getting Walker back will make a difference.  

Off topic but CV is going to be a real good CB.  He's got the physical tools and the right attitude.  Don't know how he fell that far in the draft.  On that KC deep shot to MVS no one mentioned he ran with him stride for stride and was in his hip pocket.  Pretty impressive actually.  Think we have a decent starting CB with him.