Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

16 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I don't expect it to be something that happens this week, but the way the defense played today had to be an eye opener even for MLF. 

Oh I think he's gone.  Maybe MLF will sleep on it.  Doubt it though.  He's going to be in a meeting with Murphy and Gute tonight.  

• Like 1

I’m done complaining about him, I think it’s best we move on to discussing potential replacements. We’re talking top available defensive minds, guys with a MLF relationship, any link to GBs existing staff, really. 

Is there any way Mike Vrabel becomes available?

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Well, you can go too, bud. No loss to us, you sackless coward.

I would take that comment as not the time to answer that question in a press conference. It could be either way, we'll find out by tomorrow if Barry is still around.

No way, LaFleur could answer that question at the podium. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

I’m done complaining about him, I think it’s best we move on to discussing potential replacements. We’re talking top available defensive minds, guys with a MLF relationship, any link to GBs existing staff, really. 

Is there any way Mike Vrabel becomes available?

Been thinking about that for a few weeks now. He did just lose to case Keemun though

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

I'm kind of indifferent when it comes to whether Barry should be let go before season's end.  If MLF keeps Barry at DC into 2024, that's when MLF has to go as well.

There is no way Barry sticks.  He's a dead man walking.  No coming back from the meltdown last week and then this complete fiasco at home.  I don't think he'll be around after tomorrow.  Packers brass won't stand for it.  Joe Barry has to expect it after today.  He knows it's coming.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'm kind of indifferent when it comes to whether Barry should be let go before season's end.  If MLF keeps Barry at DC into 2024, that's when MLF has to go as well.

I want him gone in season out of spite but there’s a lot to focus on. And it’s not just DC. Gutey is gonna have to spend some money in the defensive backfield too I think. Can’t solve it all with draft picks. 

2 minutes ago, Striker said:

I don't think any HC in the league is going to say "Yes, I'm going to fire his ***" before even talking to the assistant/coordinator.

For sure. The way he said and presented it didn't inspire much confidence that he'd make the right call.