Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I wonder. You sure Gute is content to keep spending high picks on defensive picks and turn them over to Barry?

Barry's gone whether it's today or a few weeks from now.  Firing MLF would be a mistake.  Might be standing alone on this forum average fan well that's another story. 

11 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Have become? GB has basically been here for over a decade lol 

That's what always cracks me up about immediately (and albeit rightfully so in this instance) calling for the DC's firing every 12-18 months in GB. It's tradition at this point.

At a certain point you gotta look past the call calling plays and game planning and look a few levels above him in the payroll. It's over a decade now of simply dumping your top draft capital into one side of the football and getting awful net return.

Mike Daniels Tweet/X was telling.

Are there bone headed and predictable alignment and personnel issues week in and week out? YES.

Are there plays/tackles to be made by several people on a single play and yet they are maddeningly missed in hilarious fashion, also a resounding YES. For a unit that has the highest concentration of top talent in the organization, many of them don't exactly look good at their jobs when asked to actually do them once the ball is in play.

15 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I wonder. You sure Gute is content to keep spending high picks on defensive picks and turn them over to Barry?

I assume he was referring to the idea that fans should start calling for MLF's head as well if Barry isn't cut loose today.

Edited by Mazrimiv

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

This idea that GB is running with top talent on defense really needs to stop.

I'm not sure it does need to. We've all seen some impressive metrics from our DL and Valentine. There's plenty of top talent on that side of the ball. 

Our safeties are not good, but how much of that is on the coaching staff? 

Either way, it's pretty inarguable that we should find a coach who can get a lot more out of those guys than Barry consistently does.

Barry sure, but I don't understand calling for MLF to be fired. He's not perfect (no coach is) but we have a first-year starting QB, the youngest roster in the league, injures at every position, and tons to build on whether we make the playoffs (which is still a possibility) or not. Firing him would be a massive step backward for Love and the rest of the team.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, oldmansmell said:

My whole thing with the Linebackers on Wr's comment that MLF made is why the hell are we in shell coverage?? It's Baker f'ing Mayfield. Are we concerned about his lack of deep ball accuracy? And are we really running it back midway into the fourth, when it had achieved almost no success up to that point? At least go single high and get beat that way too, then I'm not mad about the dc, but sticking with shell coverage all day is just confusing. Campbell is old, he cannot fill zones like he used to, it's fun to see him almost make a play and it end up being a touchdown.  

Having a LB on a WR should be a fireable offense, frankly.