Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

The fact that MLF hired Barry in the first place doesn’t give me any confidence in what he might do for an encore.  Preparing to be underwhelmed is an understatement.  If he doesn’t get this right, he might as well start dousing his own seat in lighter fluid. 

• Like 5

No balls.

'Prioritizing Winning chances' be d*mned, MLF has chosen to let the problem fester for three more weeks. It's a fitting microcosm of management in a nutshell.

I'll just call it now; MLF will never reach or win a SB as a Packer. If he's lucky his career will go the Andy Reid route.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He hasn't stuck with him, there's 3 games left and he'll be gone.

I don't think you understand what, "stuck with him means!" He stuck with him this year when he should have been fired. He's apparently sticking with him for 3 more games when his guys quit on hm. 

Him being in the building when his players have quit on him is doing far more damage than maning up and firing him now. That way he is showing the guys in the defensive room that everybody is accountable, even the coaches. 

It is unconscionable to allow Barry back in that meeting room. He's talking to walls at this point because nobody gives a **** what he has to say. 

If the HC lacks any spin, he needs to go as well. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah, it's always a great idea to stick with the guy who turned Devito into a cult hero for a week, and who helped deliver a perfect QB rating to the great Baker Mayfield.

Name the person who gives the team a better chance of winning these last three games, and maybe I'd agree with you.  All I see is you ranting about teaching the players and coaches a lesson.

1 minute ago, Zycho32 said:

No balls.

'Prioritizing Winning chances' be d*mned, MLF has chosen to let the problem fester for three more weeks. It's a fitting microcosm of management in a nutshell.

I'll just call it now; MLF will never reach or win a SB as a Packer. If he's lucky his career will go the Andy Reid route.

He won't be lucky like Andy Read to fall into a situation where the Bears gift wrap Patrick Mahomes to him. 

MLF's best shot is in GB, letting Barry stay is going to give him long-term credibility problems with his team. He'll be out in a year, two max. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zycho32 said:

No balls.

Should clearly be on the hot seat in 2024.  We had a losing record last year, and has one again this year.  Pressure has to be on him at some point soon.

The Players must know he's a dead man walking.  How much encouragement for them to actually play hard?  He should have been gone.  I'll give MLF credit for not letting emotions interfere but man after yesterday he should have just pulled the damn plug.  Well what's Barry going to do now?  No more playing it safe he's already gone mine as well turn the dogs loose.  

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

He won't be lucky like Andy Read to fall into a situation where the Bears gift wrap Patrick Mahomes to him. 

MLF's best shot is in GB, letting Barry stay is going to give him long-term credibility problems with his team. He'll be out in a year, two max. 

Depending on who his choice is for the next DC in the off-season, you could be right.

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Name the person who gives the team a better chance of winning these last three games, and maybe I'd agree with you.  All I see is you ranting about teaching the players and coaches a lesson.

Go with co-coordinaters the remainder of the year .. Montgomery/Williams.  It can't be worse than the last two weeks.  Maybe the players rally around their coaches and show some pride.  As it is now they know they are sheep being lead to the slaughter.

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Him being in the building when his players have quit on him is doing far more damage than maning up and firing him now. That way he is showing the guys in the defensive room that everybody is accountable, even the coaches. 

It is unconscionable to allow Barry back in that meeting room. He's talking to walls at this point because nobody gives a **** what he has to say. 

If the HC lacks any spin, he needs to go as well. 

This is all heresay and assumption. Angry fans desire to be angry. 

This team just shipped off the GOAT QB last season, lol that the players dont think the team won't part with them if they have to.

It's all fine. New staff will be built in January like is normal. You either fire your playcaller midseason to make a playoff push or you fire them after the season. A few games left is just odd timing.