Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

MLF needs a DC that can handle that side without supervision.  Guy's like McVay and Shannhan aren't much different.  They've just made much better choices for their DC's.

Need a great communicator and teacher at DC.  When you have confused players in week 15 there's some serious issues.  I get that we are a bit undermanned, but all of these players have logged tons of snaps this year.  

13 minutes ago, BluePacker said:

I suppose technically when they miss tackles they do turn around to watch the other team score and thus are facing the ball...

Yeah, but they keep everything in front of them at first.  

I never said we wouldn't whiff on the tackle.  Cuz we do.  Early and often and many times, multiple guys whiff on tackles on the same play.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

The heat should actually be off of Barry. If he's not been told they are moving on after the season there is a much bigger problem than Joe Barry. There is nothing he should be able to do at this point to salvage his job. 

He's playing against three horrible quarterbacks the next three weeks. What could he prove? Nothing. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 10:46 PM, Packerraymond said:

We're not keeping Barry.

of course not.

What MLF should do though is hand over the reigns to the offense to Love and his OC.  Let them handle the offensive game plan.

MLF should do the defensive game plan.  So that he can get a handle on the players he is working with and their shortcomings and strengths first hand.  See who is doing the assignments that HE is calling.  SO that when he is looking at DCs for next year he actually has some hands on experience with half of his own football team.  Tired of his "oh that's the defense they need to be better" approach to football.  You're the head coach, learn how to coach defense if you don't know how already.

Maybe he completely bombs and is a terrible defensive playcaller/gameplanner.  But honestly it's Defense.  You can run 3 things and have a lot of success if the players understand the scheme and situational football.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

So you think MLF told Barry he's out, but wants him to finish the season?

This made me chuckle, because given how this situation is shaking out, it is within the realm of possibility.  And it shouldn't be.  It shouldn't even register as something that is possible.  But here we are.....

31 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

So you think MLF told Barry he's out, but wants him to finish the season?

I think there is a way of telling him without saying the actual words. I'm sure it's pretty frosty in the meeting rooms and around the building. MLF, actually told him without saying the actual words in his press conferences. His tone changed considerably. He's just too big a ***** to actually fire the guy.

At this point, even if Carolina beats us and Young throws for 350 and they rush for 150, I don't think MLF has the balls to let Barry go. 

It very well could get very ugly these last few weeks and if it does, it is 100% on MLF. Then Gute has a decision to make on him and it shouldn't be difficult if it plays out that way.  

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 2

I’d just love a scenario where LaFleur sticks to his stupid Nerf guns and shows that overrated loyalty BS and says at the end of the year, “Nope, I believe in Barry,” only for Gute to be like, “Okay, take him with you you’re fired.”

Because if LaFleur doesn’t move on, he’s culpable.

Edited by MacReady
  • Like 3