Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

Just now, thrILL! said:

Ego

Well, I just read up on his brief attempt to be hired by Minnesota back in early '22, so it's not am impossibility like I thought.

I can't say I'd be against it, but it also sounds like a move that's rather Anti-Murphy/Anti-Gute in the scheme of things.

• Like 1

Just now, Zycho32 said:

Well, I just read up on his brief attempt to be hired by Minnesota back in early '22, so it's not am impossibility like I thought.

I can't say I'd be against it, but it also sounds like a move that's rather Anti-Murphy/Anti-Gute in the scheme of things.

July 13, 2025 is when Murphy has to step down .. I think we're going to have to wait until Murphy is gone for any huge changes to be made.  Then again if he gets to a point where he thinks the coach has lost the team he's pretty much obligated to make a change.  I'm assuming that things improve in the near future and the Packers start looking like a real offense  Definitely not a sure thing though.

6 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

I bet he feels like he left a lot on the table after a promising start to his NFL HC career.  Whatever caused the friction he had with the SF brass might be something he learned from.  I bet that's an itch he still wants to scratch.

Agreed on the 2nd part.  Doesn't sound like us.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

July 13, 2025 is when Murphy has to step down .. I think we're going to have to wait until Murphy is gone for any huge changes to be made.  Then again if he gets to a point where he thinks the coach has lost the team he's pretty much obligated to make a change.  I'm assuming that things improve in the near future and the Packers start looking like a real offense  Definitely not a sure thing though.

The problem being "if he gets to a point", which when you're on your way out and starting to become ROAD becomes an impossible chasm to cross. Suffice it to say, it would take nothing short of an all-season meltdown to convince him- or Gute come to think of it- to can MLF. And I wouldn't even bet on the meltdown in that scenario. After all, why have your last year helming the franchise be embroiled with the turmoil of breaking in a new coach and pairing him with a "not his guy" QB?

6 hours ago, Leader said:

They did this at least three times last night. I pointed it out the second time they did this.

Anybody who says it’s players and not scheme legitimately thinks Preston Smith can cover Davante Adams and is stupid.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Wonder if we can lure Harbaugh away from Michigan. Would love for him to instill some toughness into this team.

Can’t stand Harbaugh but damn, we are soft. That last interception… Watson at 6-5 gets bullied by a 5-9 CB and just falls back away from the play. G D’mit… get tough and go get the f’ing ball !!! 

This offense is sooo soft it’s scary. 

Defense is tougher but the d-coordinator keeps putting them in positions they’re sure to fail in.  2-DL on short yardage, playing 10 yards off at the 8 yard line, Lol, Preston Smith on Adams… and looked like he was just on him, not Zone. 

Edited by MantyWrestler
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

Harbaugh has shown plenty of interest in returning to the NFL, but he'll be 60 in December, he's due for an extension at Michigan, and college HC salaries are out of control.  I think the Harbaugh to the NFL ship has probably sailed.

Our DC put Kesean Nixon in the prefect position to get a game clinching pick six and he absolutely **** the bed. Barry knew they were going slant to Davante and lured them into throwing exactly where he wanted them to throw it and Nixon puked his guts out. 

We lost because our offensive line sucks and Jordan Love looked awful. Just awful! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Our DC put Kesean Nixon in the prefect position to get a game clinching pick six and he absolutely **** the bed. Barry knew they were going slant to Davante and lured them into throwing exactly where he wanted them to throw it and Nixon puked his guts out. 

We lost because our offensive line sucks and Jordan Love looked awful. Just awful! 

I would agree on that single play yes Barry seemed to have a plan. But many many other times through the game he seems to barely make it through. Whether it's a light line against run formations. I mean it was what 3rd or 4th and goal from the 2 or 3 and he trots the nickel out with 2 DL, a few other times he did it in the game.

this game should have been over before that any way chicken Mcds kicks a FG against Barry on 4th and 1. What a turd......the way they had been running in the second half. And we would have obliged with a light box. 

4 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

This is not a Barry problem, it's an MLF problem.

You are not wrong here Barry is only a problem as MLF hired him and hasn't let him go yet. It seems no one wanted to work with MLF, we'll see if he has the stones to toss him as he's a problem. Our D does not bring the game to anyone. Gary does but can't set an edge anymore either. 

6 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

You are not wrong here Barry is only a problem as MLF hired him and hasn't let him go yet. It seems no one wanted to work with MLF, we'll see if he has the stones to toss him as he's a problem. Our D does not bring the game to anyone. Gary does but can't set an edge anymore either. 

I don't think this is the issue. He got stuck on Leonhard, who probably thought he was next in line at UW, which led to him passing. MLF then made a self-inflicted mistake and passed on Evero to go with Barry, who he was familiar with.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

I would agree on that single play yes Barry seemed to have a plan. But many many other times through the game he seems to barely make it through. Whether it's a light line against run formations. I mean it was what 3rd or 4th and goal from the 2 or 3 and he trots the nickel out with 2 DL, a few other times he did it in the game.

this game should have been over before that any way chicken Mcds kicks a FG against Barry on 4th and 1. What a turd......the way they had been running in the second half. And we would have obliged with a light box. 

We gave up 183 yards passing, 96 yards rushing on 29 carries for a 3.3-yard average. The defense turned the ball over once with a pick and we only allowed 17 points. All of those numbers point to us winning the game. 

Our offense stunk up the joint. This game, Joe Barry and the defense did their job. MFL and the offense did not. 

• Like 2