Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

32 minutes ago, Norm said:

Nobody is thrilled with it. I just don't think it was like going to change our season like you do every year, especially in this kind of year. I expected more from both of them by now though, no doubt. 

This is actually a very reasonable response. Usually you just accuse me of trying to play Madden. ;) 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MacReady said:

The plan is working. Doubs is going to be that guy next year or the year after. What’s wrong with letting your QB face adversity early?

I think the plan is perfect. We never expected to compete this year. So why get ahead of ourselves on making sure we have that receiver before we need them?

I do agree with your sentiment on addressing it through other means if we fail in 2-7 of the draft, but I think we’ve seen enough from the receivers to trust one or two or three will break out next year.

Reed is on pace to obliterate every single rookie receiver we’ve had in yards, catches and possibly even touchdowns. 13 away from Nelson, 25 and 300 away from Jennings, 27 and 300 away from Jones…

I think we failed at putting enough around Love to truly get a fair evaluation of him. That is much is true at least through 7 games. Maybe the next 10 will be different but it concerns me that Watson is actually regressing (pretty substantially) through 7 games this year. 

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I think we failed at putting enough around Love to truly get a fair evaluation of him. That is much is true at least through 7 games. Maybe the next 10 will be different but it concerns me that Watson is actually regressing (pretty substantially) through 7 games this year. 

If our idea was, “Make it look like he sucks because we know he’s actually good,” it’s the most genius plan ever.

If we didn’t really know and we’re evaluating him based on this…

I can’t argue against you.

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I wouldn't think this topic would even be slightly controversial, yet, there's a group on this forum that basically goes out of their way to promote an agenda that any QB should be just fine with any group of rag tags at WR (which is basically what we currently have). It's the weirdest argument I've ever encountered in about 10+ years on this site. 

I thought this position officially died last year when we saw the massive drop off in offensive play after Adams left. Even the "great" Aaron Rodgers was handicapped without 17. The offense started to fall apart last season and now you have an even more inexperienced QB at the helm and we expect him to be at upper tier QB with this group? It's baffling. 

2022 Bears WRs, rag-tag.

Watson, Doubs, Reed, Musgrave? If that group turns out to be "rag-tag" Gute needs to be fire.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MacReady said:

The issue is how you get them. We have had Nelson, Jennings, Driver, Adams. Not a single first round pick among them. 

I think it's also fair to point out that among this whole "elite" thing, none of the #1s in GB between Adams and Sharpe were in the "absolute best in the league" conversation like Julio, Megatron, R Moss, Tyreek, etc (Jordy was close but not quite)

Edited by Mr Bad Example

31 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I think it's also fair to point out that among this whole "elite" thing, none of the #1s in GB between Adams and Sharpe were in the "absolute best in the league" conversation like Julio, Megatron, R Moss, Tyreek, etc (Jordy was close but not quite)

Why is it those elites never seem to win Super Bowls while the really good at great price/investment have so many more?

You need a good #1. You don’t need a great one. 

54 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Why is it those elites never seem to win Super Bowls while the really good at great price/investment have so many more?

You need a good #1. You don’t need a great one. 

We had elite QBs .. that's why they didn't put the premium on WR's in GB.  Those days might be over.