Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I expect him to let Wilde (How the **** did I find myself standing up for Wilde?) ask his damn question without insulting the man.

Coachspeak would be letting him finish his question and then saying, "There's a lot that goes into it, we'll look at the tape and see what went wrong, and we'll be better next week."

Coachspeak is not implying that anybody, who frames a question using entirely legitimate terminology, is an idiot. 

Sure it's a **** response, but LaFleur will never call out a coach or player in the media, he'll be a **** to them to create a positive environment in the locker room. Hopefully he deals with the actual problem come January this year.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Dorsey is a guy I'd look at for consulting for the rest of the year here too. Did very well in the development of Cam and Josh Allen. Just not a play caller. 

On a semi related note I read John Dorsey is a consultant-ish for the lions now. Should have know he’d help them find talent. 

Bills just became my favorite for Super Bowl win.

This is reminiscent of the 2012 Ravens firing their offensive coordinator.

A major shakeup like that shows your coach is listening to his players. Isolate an issue, then eliminate the issue. Killer instinct. Colloquially known as ****ING BALLS!

4 minutes ago, MacReady said:

A major shakeup like that shows your coach is listening to his players. Isolate an issue, then eliminate the issue. Killer instinct. Colloquially known as ****ING BALLS!

Lol.

This is called a scapegoat:

The problem with the Bills is they give the ball away and they don't take it away. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol.

This is called a scapegoat:

The problem with the Bills is they give the ball away and they don't take it away. 

This is what you still haven’t learned. The NFL is more nuanced than the numbers. In 2013, Cam Cameron was fired December 10th.

The Ravens had games of 44 points, 31 points, 31 points, 55 points and they fired him after a 28-31 loss.

When players aren’t respecting a coordinator, that’s when you make the move. I guarantee you we make the playoffs and become a dangerous postseason team last year if we had fired Barry.

You’re exactly right in your other post where you said coaches with strict philosophies don’t last. You have to appea to your players, and Barry hasn’t appealed to our defense AT ALL.

2 minutes ago, MacReady said:

This is what you still haven’t learned. The NFL is more nuanced than the numbers. In 2013, Cam Cameron was fired December 10th.

The Ravens had games of 44 points, 31 points, 31 points, 55 points and they fired him after a 28-31 loss.

When players aren’t respecting a coordinator, that’s when you make the move. I guarantee you we make the playoffs and become a dangerous postseason team last year if we had fired Barry.

You’re exactly right in your other post where you said coaches with strict philosophies don’t last. You have to appea to your players, and Barry hasn’t appealed to our defense AT ALL.

In our situation I think our players really like LaFleur and don't like Barry. I think in Buffalo's situation the team doesn't like McDermott, therefore firing an OC that was leading a steady offense isn't going to do anything. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

In our situation I think our players really like LaFleur and don't like Barry. I think in Buffalo's situation the team doesn't like McDermott, therefore firing an OC that was leading a steady offense isn't going to do anything. 

I wouldn’t know. We will find out. Bills will either fall apart or thrive now. If it was a power struggle type thing, Bills might have made the wrong move. No move would have been worse. There cannot be dissent of any kind on a winning Super Bowl team.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I dont know....I still consider an OLB to be an OLB regardless of where he lines up or how many interior DL there are.

Fred Warner is an OLB and weighs 229lbs
Lavonta David is an OLB and weighs 233lbs
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is an OLB and weighs 220lbs
Haason Reddick is an OLB and weighs 235lbs
Nolan Smith is an OLB and weighs 233lbs

If you are asking your OLB to cover then they aren't going to be 270lbs +, Gary is 278lbs, LVN is 271, same as Preston Smith. We all throw a fit when we see Preston Smith in coverage. 

9 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

If you are asking your OLB to cover then they aren't going to be 270lbs +, Gary is 278lbs, LVN is 271, same as Preston Smith. We all throw a fit when we see Preston Smith in coverage. 

What? You're trying to change my mind with facts??? :)

14 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

We are probably more suited for a 4-3 than to have any of our EDGE rushers cover. Having said that, your comparison is not really fair. Warner, David and JOK are traditional 3-4 iLB. Their comparison should be Campbell and walker. Do you see Bosa or Garrett dropping into coverage? 

Philly is a more traditional 4-3. You seldom, if ever see Reddick dropping into coverage, he's a pass rusher. Same with Smith who, I'm not sure how many snaps he's getting since they go 10 deep in Philly along the D-line. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

The problem in GB is that I think the players actually like Joe Barry.

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I expect him to let Wilde (How the **** did I find myself standing up for Wilde?) ask his damn question without insulting the man.

Coachspeak would be letting him finish his question and then saying, "There's a lot that goes into it, we'll look at the tape and see what went wrong, and we'll be better next week."

Coachspeak is not implying that anybody, who frames a question using entirely legitimate terminology, is an idiot. 

Agreed. And let’s face it… the GB beat writers aren’t exactly hardballers. It’s been too long since they've asked tough questions and they need to be able to ask them without MLF getting so aggy. There are far tougher questions that are coming (hopefully).  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The problem in GB is that I think the players actually like Joe Barry.

If our players like Barry, it proves everything I’ve said about our team as a whole.

We need a top down dismantling. Without it, it doesn’t matter if I’m right or wrong about Love.

• Like 1