Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

If Barry's defense turns in another performance like yesterday against the Chiefs, I'm changing the title. 

The new title will be, "Extend Barry now!" 

He stacked the box, didn't let the Lions run it down our throats and overall, the defense was excellent given who was playing in the secondary. 

This one if for you @Brit Pack

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 3:06 PM, Old Guy said:

If Barry's defense turns in another performance like yesterday against the Chiefs, I'm changing the title. 

The new title will be, "Extend Barry now!" 

He stacked the box, didn't let the Lions run it down our throats and overall, the defense was excellent given who was playing in the secondary. 

This one if for you @Brit Pack

I just never know what I'm going to get from Barry.  Usually it's bad, but on occasion he plays it perfectly and the players ball out for him.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I just never know what I'm going to get from Barry.  Usually it's bad, but on occasion he plays it perfectly and the players ball out for him.  

His tendency is to play cautious, but he's shown the ability to come up with aggressive game plans. Maybe MLF needs to carry a whip to coaches meetings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

His tendency is to play cautious, but he's shown the ability to come up with aggressive game plans. Maybe MLF needs to carry a whip to coaches meetings.

If I was Barry I would play aggressive 24/7 .. the players love it .. it leads to more turnovers.  It puts uneasiness in the opposing QB and speeds them up more than they are used too.  Now if you can't get home you have some issues, but I think we'd win more that way. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If I was Barry I would play aggressive 24/7 .. the players love it .. it leads to more turnovers.  It puts uneasiness in the opposing QB and speeds them up more than they are used too.  Now if you can't get home you have some issues, but I think we'd win more that way. 

The worst part of his passive defensive mindset is he plays not to give up big plays. Then, we inevitably give up big plays.

Sic 'em, all game long. That is how I want the defense to play. Like a bunch of crazed dogs. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The worst part of his passive defensive mindset is he plays not to give up big plays. Then, we inevitably give up big plays.

Sic 'em, all game long. That is how I want the defense to play. Like a bunch of crazed dogs. 

I'd prefer a bunch of Seal trained dogs. 

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

I saw it live. I honestly thought the fix was in.

I mean....seriously. It's 4th & goal from around the 30....and they dont rush or hurry the QB *at all* - just let him stand there for about 5mins....while the DBs are running around like crazy trying to keep up with their guys - then he chucks it.

Why not rush the guy? He's sure as hell not gonna run for a TD.

Everybody here celebrating Barry and I'm sitting here saying, "Just imagine what this defense would look like with a coordinator."

Because that's what we've got here. We don't have an I toad a so situation going on.

What's happening here is we've got talent, we don't have it pointed in the right direction.