Let's talk Jon Robinson

deeluxx3

Until he bombs at a Franchise QB and we win only 2 games, I can't see any reason why he should be fired. 

I would think of someone like Tomlin.  1 SB win with "Cowher's Guys."
He has been good enough to get in playoffs and his last playoff run was 2016, but since then it has been 1 and done or no playoffs. Is he bad as a coach?

27 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

He didn't draft them either. He didn't think they were talented enough to be worth even a 7th round pick.

Congrats to the coaches for getting guys no one thought were talented to over perform their expectations.

i think robinson's seat should be as hot as the next guy but this is an absolutely insane line of reasoning lmao. take a break man

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

I hate that fans think this way. The team was 9-7 three straight years despite Mariota being a bottom-tier QB and fans want to hold on to him until he ruins the franchise instead of moving on from him when it's obvious that he has massive limitations.

It's the exact same thing.

Firing Mularkey was the right move despite him going 9-7 and 9-7 with a playoff win.

Alright well, I see your dug in. lol
I understand not wanting to "settle." 

But I see a lot failure in your logic regarding his tenure. 
I don't think it's a clear comparison. 
A QB that had very clear and consistent problems and was clearly trending downward and couldn't even complete passes in his last game with us vs. a GM that is still showing successes and just had the team at it's highest point in years last season with an #1 seed.  They are not the same. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

Alright well, I see your dug in. lol
I understand not wanting to "settle." 

But I see a lot failure in your logic regarding his tenure. 
I don't think it's a clear comparison. 
A QB that had very clear and consistent problems and was clearly trending downward and couldn't even complete passes in his last game with us vs. a GM that is still showing successes and just had the team at it's highest point in years last season with an #1 seed.  They are not the same. 

I mean what do you call our team building the last three years? I call that clearly trending downward.

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Until he bombs at a Franchise QB and we win only 2 games, I can't see any reason why he should be fired. 

I would think of someone like Tomlin.  1 SB win with "Cowher's Guys."
He has been good enough to get in playoffs and his last playoff run was 2016, but since then it has been 1 and done or no playoffs. Is he bad as a coach?

Tomlin is a top 5, at worst, Coach 

Edited by deeluxx3

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i think robinson's seat should be as hot as the next guy but this is an absolutely insane line of reasoning lmao. take a break man

I mean good for us I guess that we can get undrafted DTs and punters to contribute. lol

I'm putting a little more emphasis on the priority acquisitions because we all know the draft is a lot of luck and more and more luck the further you get into it. 

I guess I'm supposed to believe he can only tell what a good player is when no GM in the league thinks the player is good.

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

You know your take is bad when the entirety of debbie downer Titania is trying to talk you out of it.😆

You and literally every other person did the same thing with me about Mariota.

The entire forum hated me for about 6 months.

We'll see lmao.

Edited by TitanSS

Just now, TitanSS said:

I mean what do you call our team building the last three years? I call that clearly trending downward.

We have 2 starting players at safety.
We have a starting corner in Fulton. McCreary is a promising rookie. Molden was a proven nickel.
Long is a proven LB.
Weaver, Landry Simmons, Autry, Tart are proven.

NFL Punter.

Starting RT, Starting C. Starting RG. NFL contributor in Brewer (as much as I dislike him, apparently he will be a good C to some). 
Franchise RB. Solid RB options 
Above Average/Average QB.
Vet WR, Promising WR. Good #3 with NWI. Good slot in Phillips. 
Promising rookie TE.

He has built a solid team.
Holes like just about every team, but solid. 

Find me a roster that is free of holes. 
Please.

• Like 1

Just now, TitanSS said:

Maybe you should apply for the open GM job when that happens? Clearly you are superior to Robinson because you were right about Mariota lol 

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

You've said that multiple times.  We get it. You took a stand and turned out you were right. Have you been right about every player? I know you haven't. We both been here a while. lol

if you want to be able to say I told you so in a few years or whenever if Robinson is gone, then I think we all get your stance. lol

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I mean good for us I guess that we can get undrafted DTs and punters to contribute. lol

I'm putting a little more emphasis on the priority acquisitions because we all know the draft is a lot of luck and more and more luck the further you get into it. 

I guess I'm supposed to believe he can only tell what a good player is when no GM in the league thinks the player is good.

Can you tell me (us) what exactly you feel makes a top-tier GM and then provide example of said GM?

Just now, lovetitans said:

Maybe you should apply for the open GM job when that happens? Clearly you are superior to Robinson because you were right about Mariota lol 

I'm not even saying I could do better than Robinson.

That point is just that fans hold on to optimism for too long and want to wait for flames to let go of it.

Just now, TitanSS said:

Bro if we're counting Brewer as a positive for Robinson I'm done lmao.

He's smaller than the Ravens FB and one of, if not the worst LG in the NFL.

Bro if youre calling Robinson a failure because he didnt draft Tart and stonehouse and instead picked them up as UDFA you should be done lol.