Let's talk Jon Robinson

deeluxx3

So we’re arguing that Robinson should be fired now, because his poor drafts MIGHT set us back in the future? Not because it is currently, but because of what MIGHT happen in the future. We’re a missed FG from 4-1. Who cares what it looks like man

Like… are you listening to yourself? 

Also did I miss something… cuz I could’ve sworn that we were the number 1 seed last year with the most injuries in the NFL. That means somebody had to consistently find guys who could come in and contribute week end and week out. We call that guy a GM. Y’all act like JRob had no hand in that at all. So was it all the coaches? The same coaches/coordinators that everyone also screams about firing each week? 😂

good lord I’m not happy with JRob either but some of y’all are ridiculous. 

ESPN/NFL Network really got some of y’all thinking the draft is more important than the ACTUAL win/loss record. 😂

Edited by Chocolateman78
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I hate the "we're a missed FG from 4-1" argument

We're a Carson Wentz throw away from being 2-3 too.

You can do that anyway you want.

Roster isn't very good right now.

But you are saying if we drafted player X, then we would what? Won a SB?  Be #1 Seed? 

Your whole argument is a what if.

32 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I mean, if I do it for every GM then it's just going to be the order of the consensus draft board?

Not sure what you mean.

Are we really that worried that the media consensus is going to outperform the thousands of hours and millions of dollars that we put into our front office and scouting?

I was planning on doing this before this thread was created today, I'm not even sure what the outcome will be.

i'm not "worried" about anything. i actually think it'd be interesting. but if the media big board outperforms jon robinson, that tells us absolutely nothing about where he stands relative to other NFL GMs, and if you're not doing that then your whole point is "i would be a better GM than jon robinson!" and i could not possibly care less about that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i'm not "worried" about anything. i actually think it'd be interesting. but if the media big board outperforms jon robinson, that tells us absolutely nothing about where he stands relative to other NFL GMs, and if you're not doing that then your whole point is "i would be a better GM than jon robinson!" and i could not possibly care less about that

Yeah media guys like Mike Mayock sure did kill it as GM. 

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

But you are saying if we drafted player X, then we would what? Won a SB?  Be #1 Seed? 

Your whole argument is a what if.

Isn't that the point of the thread? 

13 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

What does the media big board have anything to do with me being better as a GM? Lol

I've already told you all that I don't even know what the result of the comparison would be and I did not contribute to that big board so not sure where I get the credit there.

Edited by TitanSS

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

What does the media big board have anything to do with me being better as a GM? Lol

I've already told you all that I don't even know what the result of the comparison would be and I did not contribute to that big board so not sure where I get the credit there.

jesus christ dude, how is it possible that you fixated on the least important part of what i said and ignored the entire rest?

okay, let me fix this for you: if the media big board outperforms jon robinson, that tells us absolutely nothing about where he stands relative to other NFL GMs, and if you're not doing that then your whole point is "[the media big board] would be a better GM than jon robinson!" and i could not possibly care less about that.

9 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

jesus christ dude, how is it possible that you fixated on the least important part of what i said and ignored the entire rest?

okay, let me fix this for you: if the media big board outperforms jon robinson, that tells us absolutely nothing about where he stands relative to other NFL GMs, and if you're not doing that then your whole point is "[the media big board] would be a better GM than jon robinson!" and i could not possibly care less about that.

I mean say what you mean then? Lmfao it's the second time you (or someone else) tried to say I'm saying I could do better.

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

"your 2023 super bowl champs!".

Yeah but he missed on Farley and Wilson. 

If it looked like we were trending in that direction instead of the team progressively getting worse three years in a row, someone else wouldn't have made the thread, because I didn't start it.

Hyperbole is fun though I get it.

15 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I’m mean you’re the one whose more concerned about the teams draft hit rate than the teams Win/Loss record… 🤷🏾‍♂️

Saying you can't use that as the be all end all to judge the GM is not the same as saying drafting matters and winning doesn't.

Edited by TitanSS

52 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I mean say what you mean then? Lmfao it's the second time you (or someone else) tried to say I'm saying I could do better.

you've spent this entire thread having a meltdown about how you're the only smart guy in the room, please forgive me for letting that color my rhetoric