Let's talk Jon Robinson

deeluxx3

honestly, what it comes down to is this: robinson needs to get his head out of his *** on first round picks. that's really it. he's done a satisfactory job in most other respects, and even the moves that failed like the julio trade made sense. but the first round picks are absolutely killing him and killing this team. i mean, look at this:

Corey Davis

Adoree Jackson

Rashaan Evans

Jeff Simmons

Isiah Wilson

Caleb Farley

Treylon Burks

that's just flat-out disastrous. one genuine hit in 7 tries. davis and jackson were decent players but first round picks (ESPECIALLY if you pick them at 5 overall) need to be better than "decent." evans was bad. wilson and farley are abject, flaming disasters. TBD on burks, obviously. brutal.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

honestly, what it comes down to is this: robinson needs to get his head out of his *** on first round picks. that's really it. he's done a satisfactory job in most other respects, and even the moves that failed like the julio trade made sense. but the first round picks are absolutely killing him and killing this team. i mean, look at this:

Corey Davis

Adoree Jackson

Rashaan Evans

Jeff Simmons

Isiah Wilson

Caleb Farley

Treylon Burks

that's just flat-out disastrous. one genuine hit in 7 tries. davis and jackson were decent players but first round picks (ESPECIALLY if you pick them at 5 overall) need to be better than "decent." evans was bad. wilson and farley are abject, flaming disasters. TBD on burks, obviously. brutal.

Just going to present a little data to counter.

Bills- Brandon Beene:
Tre White, Josh Allen, Ed Oliver, Trade for Diggs, Rousseau, Kairr Elam
Allen is the feather in the cap. White is a good player but has hit an injury bug these last few seasons. Oliver and Rousseau are good players. What happens in FA?

Chief- Brett Veach:
Mahomes, Traded away multiple for him. Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Trent McDuffie, George Karlaftis III
Obvioulsy, Mahomes makes this looks stellar, however outside of that?

John Lynch- 49ers:
Solomon Thomas, Mike McGlinchey Nick Bosa, Brandon Ayuk, Javon Kinlaw, Trey Lance.
Bosa is a great pick. Ayuk, Mcglinchey both good NFL starters, what happens when time to re-sign. Kinlaw is bust. Lance TBD.

DeCosta- Ravens:
Lamar Jackson, Hayden Hurst, Hollywood Brown, Marlon Humphrey, Patrick Queen, Rashod Bateman, Kyle Hamilton, Tyler Lindenbaum
Jackson is their franchise QB. Hurst and Hollywood traded. Humphrey is a good pro. Queen is a quality starter. Bateman has been injured on and off. Hamilton and Lindenbaum TBD. 

Howie Roseman: Eagles (2019)
Andre Dillard, Jaleon Raegor, Davonta Smith, Jordan Davis. 
Dillard is on the way out next year, he is on the bench behind someone who was drafted in the 7th round from out of the country.  Raegor traded.  Smith looks good. Davis TBD. 

I picked these teams and GMs just thinking about guys that seem to be highly praised. Do you have a team or GM you really think does well? We can compare their picks to get a good baseline.
I think we can fault Robinson for not re-signing some of these guys, but they were talented and helped the team during their time. Evans lesser than the others but still helped. His play in the playoffs vs, Patriots was nice. lol

Wilson and Farley we can put a big red mark on his chest, they are horrible. 

But two bad picks out 7 isn't off average.

My stance is, show me the ideal GM, let's compare how they stand up.  Cause to me, vs some of the "top" GMs he measures up pretty well. 

What it really comes down to with Robinson more than anything is the 2020 and 2021 offseasons. The drafts those two years and missing on the big free agents(Clowney, Julio, Bud is TBD, ect.) are the biggest red mark on him. Then he followed that up with the AJ trade, which certainly didn’t put him in favor with fans. Our championship window was most open in those two years and we screwed the pooch.

And the thing is, I think most of the moves he made weren’t necessarily bad decisions but they just didn’t work out. JRob isn’t nearly as bad as some think he is (talks of him getting rid of him is way too premature imo) but he’s not nearly as Teflon as he appeared prior to 2020.

1 minute ago, twotonebluenation said:

JRob, read and understand. Stupid risk. Just stupid. A left tackle that could be even halfway decent at this point could propel this team. 

He thought he could hit the lottery twice. Should have taken his chips and cashed out after Simmons. Farley was supposed to be a top 5 pick maybe?  Sucks.

I don't hate Farley like Wilson of course.  I feel bad for him. He seems to really love the game and want to do well, but his body is telling him no. 

Before we cut him, I'd move him to WR to see if he can do that, since he was a college WR before CB.  He'd likely get hurt again, but I'd try anything to try to salvage that pick. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

He thought he could hit the lottery twice. Should have taken his chips and cashed out after Simmons. Farley was supposed to be a top 5 pick maybe?  Sucks.

I don't hate Farley like Wilson of course.  I feel bad for him. He seems to really love the game and want to do well, but his body is telling him no. 

Before we cut him, I'd move him to WR to see if he can do that, since he was a college WR before CB.  He'd likely get hurt again, but I'd try anything to try to salvage that pick. 

Yea, definitely cant hate the kid, not his fault. I just knew this was a bit of an asinine pick from the beginning. I mean a back injury like that alone you don't touch, especially in the first, and you add ACL to that. Just naw, don't do it. Any doctor would tell you to stay away from that, just irresponsible and thick headed. 

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

cant wait for a game early next year when Farley just SNAPS for 7 grabs, 120 yards and a TD

then gets 1 target the following week

PK snarkily asks why

"we dont go into games trying to get the ball to any specific player not named Derrick or Geoff"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What I will continue to say is, show me the golden standard at GM and let's compare the results. 

Robinson has missed on his o-line picks. No doubting that.
As a whole, for the team, I can't say the same.

Show me the GM that is what people are craving.
Then show me the options of what we should have done, in FA, in the draft, etc.