Week 6 GDT: San Francisco 49ers at Atlanta Falcons

J-ALL-DAY

Feel like if we keep penalties and turnovers under control, it should be a somewhat easy win. I am much more afraid of Mariota than Mayfield, but if Pitts is out we shouldn't have a problem keeping him contained. Carolina seemingly has a better defense overall, but I like Atlanta's DBs & we know it doesn't take an all pro edge to beat Moore.

BUT the offense keeps it rolling, 27-13 VICTORY

Also... Kyle Juszczyk has scored both times he has faced Atlanta as a 49er 

Kyle Shanahan has not coached @ Atlanta yet. Revenge game? Stay tuned

Edited by adamq

49ers are just the better squad, and should win even if they're starting to get a few notable scrapes. 

I say 23-10 49ers over Falcons in the Old NFC West Bowl Part Deux Electric Boogaloo. 

Hope that Jeff Wilson Jr. has another epic game. I want to see him emerge as the next Shanahan-clan 1K warhorse. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Hope that Jeff Wilson Jr. has another epic game. I want to see him emerge as the next Shanahan-clan 1K warhorse. 

I was way wrong on him. He has been far better than I expected. I am disappointed Mason still hadn't gotten much of a chance though

13 hours ago, Forge said:

Who is next in line if the 49ers lose Ryans to a head-coach vacancy? — Joel C.

Vic Fangio.

This doesn't surprise me at all with his appearances with our staff. I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if Lynch and Shanny told him to just hang tight this year and the job was his when Demeco leaves. I love the move personally. He's one of those coaches who probably won't get another shot at a HC job and has definitely proven he has the chops to run elite defenses. 

• Like 2

Jimmie Ward will put on a cast and will re-evaluated in 10 days and will try to play. So basically we will see him after the bye week.

Gould, Armstead, Ebukam and Bosa all will not practice today and Banks will be limited. Ebukam/Banks should be fine but just sore with tendinitis after playing on turf in Carolina.

TDP back in practice.

Verrett being activated will depend on how he looks on the practice squad and how he feels after practice.

Not going to lie, I'm a bit nervous for this game. All of the Falcons games this year have been decided by 6 points or less and their offense is actually sneaky good. No Patterson is a big loss for them, but it sounds like Pitts could be back.

On the flip side, their pass defense is among the worst in the league and they're thrown on more than any other defense as well. Rush defense is about league average. This all has to do with the fact that they're constantly playing in tight games all year. 

If Jimmy plays like he did in Carolina, we'll win.

• Like 2

I just listened to Shannys presser and he went over the injury report for today’s practice, are we even gonna have enough players to field a team this weekend? Geebus!!!

I would almost rather forfeit this game, take the L just to save us from more turf injuries and get people healthy. 

there needs to be a deep dive study into the 49ers and injuries…..it can’t just be bad luck, something’s gotta give. Or does it?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Bold strategy to double Ebukam at a similar rate to doubling Nick Bosa. 

It's not as simple as that. Ryans is bringing an extra man and Bosa is running a lot of stunts where he gets a single match up. Ryans mentioned this in his presser last week that part of the reason he has blitzed more than in the past is to get Bosa favorable match ups and not just allow teams to chip away at him.

That's why Ryans is going to be a great HC one day. Even though he had a successful formula, he is not scared to change it for better results. 

• Like 1