State of the Steelers

warfelg

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

Sounds like reports are a Fields trade to Atlanta is being finalized. 

However there’s also reports that Atlanta prefers Mayfield or Cousins much more over Fields. 

I think a smart move for Atlanta IF they did not give up a 2nd for him

And then I just saw something from the Athletic stating that the Falcons will be going after Kirk Cousins, so what the heck, lol???  Seems like rumors abound for the Falcons, are that they are interested in any one of 3 QBs...Fields, Mayfield, and now, Cousins.  We may not be 'clear' of the Steelers trading for Fields...

35 minutes ago, AFF said:

Watch out of nowhere the Steelers give Mayfield 5/$150millon the 1st day of FA and we all *^%€ our pants…

I have a feeling that might be the move that breaks poor @43M We'd probably need to do a wellness check. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AFF said:

Watch out of nowhere the Steelers give Mayfield 5/$150millon the 1st day of FA and we all *^%€ our pants…

where did you get this from? 

if it's your imagination,  then thats quite active to say the least  xD  I never even considered Mayfield but we never know. 

we don't have much capspace as it is , so such a signing won't happen  .

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

where did you get this from? 

if it's your imagination,  then thats quite active to say the least  xD  I never even considered Mayfield but we never know. 

we don't have much capspace as it is , so such a signing won't happen  .

Just a funny thought I had, no inside info or anything else like that 

1 hour ago, AFF said:

Just a funny thought I had, no inside info or anything else like that 

I never considered Mayfield, mainly because he liked TB and they liked his season plus the expected cost.  Happy for  him playing in a much better situation.  But maybe we steal Evans anyways :D

14 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I have a feeling that might be the move that breaks poor @43M We'd probably need to do a wellness check. 

Years ago, maybe.

I am alot more used to disappointment and stupidity from this team than I used to be.

Hoping Weidl and Khan can change that, but with Art II in charge, it might be unavoidable.

I can tell you one thing that I like that’s really different:

I feel like we have never thrown out as many mixed signals to a year as we have now.  On the same day you have one guy saying ASmith visited Kenny in South Florida and there’s a plan to rebuild him (one spot said “treat him like a rookie”); you have another guy saying we’re actually the leaders to land fields.  This is also on the heels of reports that we’re Tannehill’s likely landing spots, reports that people have spotted Wilson in the greater Pittsburgh area.

I feel like, along with last years seeming draft pick secrecy and shock of FA period, we’re seeing a change in how this FO operates.  By now we would have had Colbert and Tomlin saying ‘Kenny is our guy’ and ‘we don’t entertain someone outside our building’ for something like this.

And I think anyone saying that we should “ignore reports of…” should be ignored.

25 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I can tell you one thing that I like that’s really different:

I feel like we have never thrown out as many mixed signals to a year as we have now.  On the same day you have one guy saying ASmith visited Kenny in South Florida and there’s a plan to rebuild him (one spot said “treat him like a rookie”); you have another guy saying we’re actually the leaders to land fields.  This is also on the heels of reports that we’re Tannehill’s likely landing spots, reports that people have spotted Wilson in the greater Pittsburgh area.

I feel like, along with last years seeming draft pick secrecy and shock of FA period, we’re seeing a change in how this FO operates.  By now we would have had Colbert and Tomlin saying ‘Kenny is our guy’ and ‘we don’t entertain someone outside our building’ for something like this.

And I think anyone saying that we should “ignore reports of…” should be ignored.

Agree, no one has any idea what the Steelers will do, and that can’t be a bad thing right now. We were a little worried about everyone knowing we are locked into center…but are we? I personally wouldn’t be surprised if the plan was always CB in the first…or that they are locked in on pairing Mims with Jones. Seems like they are looking at everything, draft, trade, and free agency…what more could you want as a fan? We always knew in the past what the Steelers definitely wouldn’t do, so to speak.

25 minutes ago, warfelg said:

https://x.com/alex_kozora/status/1764419691697549461?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

There were rumors of us  trying to extend him so many this is the sign he said he wanted to test FA. 

I'm not opposed to moving him but would love his replacement to have separation skills.  Like I already stated I want Ladd to be that replacement.