State of the Steelers

warfelg

14 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

I would target Justin Simmons. Free vs Strong Safety is irrelevant to the Steelers as they constantly rotate their guys. With Simmons age, I don't see him commanding a huge contract.

My concern is, we always seem to get guys a year too late.

• Like 3

No thanks to paying 28 in yr 1 to a CB especially with such a deep CB class , 

No thanks to old safeties that were superstars unless the price is right , safety market too deep to overpay a once superstar 

18 hours ago, 43M said:

Should cut Kazee next.   Get rid of this dead weight at safety.

Completely agree with you here.  I was not impressed with his play. He was a good teammate, but his on the field play has not been consistently good.

@bigben07MVPI would prefer Edmonds as well over Kazee.  I will add that even with a good class of free agents, you may still try to sign Edmonds.  The Steelers actually like Big Nickel with three safeties.  I would like a combo of Minkah Fitzpatrick, Chancey Gardner-Johnson, and Terrell Edmonds.  That is a pretty solid trio of safeties. Swiss Army Knife like versatility and more importantly consistency.

17 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I actually like him as an opportunistic 3rd safety. He gets badly exposed when asked to be a full time player, but there’s no denying he has ball hawking capabilities.

I definitely won’t shed a tear if he’s replaced, just think he’s fine as a 3rd safety/part time guy. Neal is the one who needed to go.

In general, perhaps, but not at his cost.

Not that he is making huge money, but I feel like Eric Rowe would be cheaper and was near the ball alot as well, so if we are just looking for a one year option as a backup safety, Id probably take Rowe.

Kazee is way too limited IMO.  Has zero box skills,  and while he can make plays when the ball is near him, gets beat too much in coverage.    He does one thing well, and while it can be useful, I feel like he misses way more than he hits for us.

Safety is at a premium, so good chance we keep him, but Id at least try to look for a better option.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 43M said:

In general, perhaps, but not at his cost.

Not that he is making huge money, but I feel like Eric Rowe would be cheaper and was near the ball alot as well, so if we are just looking for a one year option as a backup safety, Id probably take Rowe.

Kazee is way too limited IMO.  Has zero box skills,  and while he can make plays when the ball is near him, gets beat too much in coverage.    He does one thing well, and while it can be useful, I feel like he misses way more than he hits for us.

Safety is at a premium, so good chance we keep him, but Id at least try to look for a better option.  

I would absolutely court Eric Rowe, at the very least he would be a strong consideration in my puzzle. 

Edited by JustPlainNasty
  • Like 1