State of the Steelers

warfelg

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That'd be a tough pill to swallow especially with the contract he'll want. 

I think Kaboly just spilled the beans on what it would be:

20 and Calvin Austin

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

20 and Calvin Austin

I don't mind losing Austin, but that 1st rounder is tough. Maybe the thought process is to grab Aiyuk and then trade back up to get someone like Frazier. I think we should be resigned to the fact that Moore and Jones will be the starting tackles, just like Dulac said early in the off-season. 

13 minutes ago, warfelg said:

20 and Calvin Austin

Hell to the nawl. Aiyuk is nice but I'd rather trade up for Odunze or another top player. I like Aiyuk but not for a 1st rounder, CAIII, plus a new contract. Shiiid, just try to trade for Courtland Sutton or another mid-level player. Try getting DK Metcalf from the Seahawks. Just not that haul they want.

• Like 2

I'm a little worried that we trade for Aiyuk only to watch the offense average 205 passing yards a game, however if Fields figures it out..would be nice to have him throwing to a combo of pickens/Aiyuk for a few years

8 minutes ago, August4th said:

I'm a little worried that we trade for Aiyuk only to watch the offense average 205 passing yards a game, however if Fields figures it out..would be nice to have him throwing to a combo of pickens/Aiyuk for a few years

If we didn’t have Arthur Smith as our OC I’d understand this desire to get a WR more. 

Unless they plan on him being radically different than who he has been, I’m not sure how you can justify the ROI of spending major capital on a wide receiver. 

Get Mike Williams, draft a mid-round guy, put the assets into the OL and DL. 

• Like 1

As much as I like aiyuk, I'm not a fan if trading for him. No need to give up resources and then pay him 25 mil per. This draft is loaded with wr and of all the positions we evaluate well that's it. 

We could even trade down and still land a very good wr prospect. These ideas of trading away picks to pay a premium is going in the wrong direction imo. 

Or even trading players like Highsmith for him is nuts. Once again, the draft has one of the deepest most talented wr groups in decades. The edge talent is weak. There is no need to create that hole on the roster that can't be fixed with free agency or the draft at this point.