Push Gate

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Hopefully a bonus. 

If we have learned anything, context matters

Yeah I don’t think he should be punished, but there was certainly more potential for bodily harm, although he was in the wrong for being on the field. Wagner is not a security guard.

11 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Well thank goodness the man didn’t die on the field so we can have a rational discussion of appropriate consequences given what actually did happen

Agreed. Glad he doesn't appear to be seriously injured. I'm sure everyone involved is. 

I don't suppose you're also in favor of not penalizing drunk drivers if they're lucky enough to avoid hurting anyone whilst driving drunk?

Just now, JohnChimpo said:

Yeah I don’t think he should be punished, but there was certainly more potential for bodily harm, although he was in the wrong for being on the field. Wagner is not a security guard.

Nope, a stupid fan plays stupid games and they deserve to win a stupid prize.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Agreed. Glad he doesn't appear to be seriously injured. I'm sure everyone involved is. 

I don't suppose you're also in favor of not penalizing drunk drivers if they're lucky enough to avoid hurting anyone whilst driving drunk?

Soft society not letting people steady their hands with several glasses of whiskey before driving

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Jesus balls have you read my posts?? I think I’ve said three times in this thread: fine Adams, send that dude enough money to cover medical costs, any equipment damage, and a little extra as an “oops, I’m sorry”. Then everybody can move on.

If in the future Adams establishes a track record of lightly shoving cameramen while running off the field, we can escalate the punishment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Jesus balls have you read my posts?? I think I’ve said three times in this thread: fine Adams, send that dude enough money to cover medical costs, any equipment damage, and a little extra as an “oops, I’m sorry”. Then everybody can move on.

If in the future Adams establishes a track record of lightly shoving cameramen while running off the field, we can escalate the punishment.

That’s fair

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Yes. You're suggesting that punishment should be dependent on results, not possibility of range of results. Which is (thankfully) not how our country is set up to operate.

The results are absolutely one part of the calculus when determining punishment. Not everything, but an essential part.

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/i-shoved-someone-and-was-charged-with-assult.htm

It's usually not a defense to the crime of assault that you did not intend to injure the victim. Although assault laws vary from state to state, in most cases if you intentionally (rather than accidentally) shoved the victim, you can be convicted of assault, whether you intended to injure the victim or not. In other words, it's the intent to shove, regardless of the intent to cause the resulting injury, that justifies a charge of assault.