Week 6 @ Cleveland: Send in the Clowns

biggie.

So the good news is that we're not playing against Quagmire who has owned us recently. Instead we run into a familiar face in Jacoby Brissett, a capable but limited passer.

The bad news is that Cleveland boasts the league's best RB in Nick Chubb, aka the Georgia RB we SHOULD have taken in 2018. Cleveland also has Kareem Hunt, who is a starter on another team and has given us problems the two times we've played against him.

Damien Harris looks like he will be out, so expect a heavy dose of our biggest breakout player Rhamondre Stevenson. Had Harris not gotten injured this would have been a pretty epic trench warfare duel.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1

Ward and Clowney are out for us.

You guys will win. BB is great at taking out his opponent's biggest strength, which is our running game/PA game due to our threat to run.

Joe Woods is an absolute joke of a DC, and had his worst game (of many terrible games) against you guys last season. I don't expect he'll make any adjustments this time around. He'll play a bunch of soft zone, won't blitz or use any disguises, and will let Garrett get double or triple teamed and won't do anything to counter it.

I'm guessing a score of around 23-10 you guys, but it'll feel like an uglier loss than that for us.

• Like 2

Same as earlier: slow down the run game, keep Jacoby contained, block Garrett. Helps a lot that Clowney and Ward won’t be in. Sucks not having Harris here because this would be a great time to pound the rock against their run defense. Stevenson can do it but you probably don’t necessarily want to give him 25+ touches per game all that often. Barmore was limited today. One dimensional or not, this’ll be a test for the run defense. Limiting Chubb and Hunt is not an easy task.

• Like 2

Nick Chubb will get his.. probably in the 80-100 yard range but I think they do enough to limit him to maybe one 10-15 yard run. Other than him I think the Patriots defense can do enough to contain the Browns offense. 

This seems like a good opportunity to give Mac one more week of rest. Let Zappe play it safe, throw 15-20 times .. most of which on play action and let the defense win it for you. Given that Clowney is out, you can focus extra attention on Garrett. 

17 Carries for Stevenson, 10 for Harris and 6 for Strong.. that's how I'm expecting this one to go. You can you run it 70% of the time then dial up a few shots to Meyers / Thornton to try and get points. 

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

This is he game where the Pats should load the box. I have confidence that our CBs can do the job.

Jack Jones is going to be tested a good amount I'd imagine, if he is able to limit big plays they will be alright. 

I think we see a lot of 3 safety groupings. 

Lastly, like you mentioned.. loading the box. This is a great game to play lots of Bentley, Tavai, and Jennings .. the three of them should really help out against the run. 

• Like 1

I am 5-0 in picking Pats game this year. I can't call this one. I am also struggling with betting the over/under on the line 300.5 total yards on the ground for both teams. 

Just going to go with a Zappe back-to-Earth game, and us not really being able to limit Chubb, plus the home advantage going against us.

CLE by 4

12 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I am 5-0 in picking Pats game this year. I can't call this one. I am also struggling with betting the over/under on the line 300.5 total yards on the ground for both teams. 

Just going to go with a Zappe back-to-Earth game, and us not really being able to limit Chubb, plus the home advantage going against us.

CLE by 4

If anything Joe Woods will help make Zappe look like a stud.