Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

21 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Trading or cutting Adams post June 1st only costs $7.85 million in every year of his contact...plus he only turned 30 on Christmas Eve so you are getting him basically all next year at 30 years old...given his skill set he could still be a high volume pass catcher for another 5 years which create a ton of options elsewhere...

I agree Williams would be awesome but the Jets would be idiotic to trade him to move up when they have Mike White who at the very least buys you time to find that franchise guy.

I wouldn't hate Adams on Bears.  He is good.  

I'm not sure Mike White is the guy.  People look good in short spurts or subbing in for a season on good teams.   

Give DCs a full offseason knowing Mike White is presumed starter and he likely won't look nearly as good.

Jalen Hurts improved his game AND his team improved roster.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

I wouldn't hate Adams on Bears.  He is good.  

I'm not sure Mike White is the guy.  People look good in short spurts or subbing in for a season on good teams.   

Give DCs a full offseason knowing Mike White is presumed starter and he likely won't look nearly as good.

Jalen Hurts improved his game AND his team improved roster.

I don't think Mike White is the guy long term either but he at least keeps your team competitive until you find the franchise guy. 

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't think Mike White is the guy long term either but he at least keeps your team competitive until you find the franchise guy. 

Competitive but not a contender = purgatory.    For a definition see 90% of Bears history.

Interesting that Lions fans on this site, small sample size, do all their mock drafts without selecting a QB.

I got news for them.   Goff ain't it.  Even with an all star team all around him. 

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Competitive but not a contender = purgatory.    For a definition see 90% of Bears history.

Interesting that Lions fans on this site, small sample size, do all their mock drafts without selecting a QB.

I got news for them.   Goff ain't it.  Even with an all star team all around him. 

I think it is difficult to start selling off your best players when you have at least solid QB play...every team will think they can take a QB later in the draft and development them long term rightly or wrongly.

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think it is difficult to start selling off your best players when you have at least solid QB play...every team will think they can take a QB later in the draft and development them long term rightly or wrongly.

I don't think Quinnen or Adams are going anywhere next year.  

But Jets would trade up for a QB I think.  So would Raiders.  

46 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Trading or cutting Adams post June 1st only costs $7.85 million in every year of his contact...plus he only turned 30 on Christmas Eve so you are getting him basically all next year at 30 years old...given his skill set he could still be a high volume pass catcher for another 5 years which create a ton of options elsewhere...

I agree Williams would be awesome but the Jets would be idiotic to trade him to move up when they have Mike White who at the very least buys you time to find that franchise guy.

Can you designate post-6/1 for a player you’re trading rather than cutting? I wouldn’t think waiting to trade for Adams until after 6/1 is a realistic option since a move like that probably alters everything about your offseason.

FWIW pick 2 to LV for 9, 40 and Adams places a trade value on Adams as between picks 23 and 24 on the modern draft value chart. They get a top QB prospect of McDaniels’ choosing plus the draft capital return they’ll get trading Carr away which I don’t think will be insignificant. We get Adams and 2 top 40 prospects, one in the top 10. Sign me up for that. 

Edited by AZBearsFan

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

Can you designate post-6/1 for a player you’re trading rather than cutting? I wouldn’t think waiting to trade for Adams until after 6/1 is a realistic option since a move like that probably alters everything about your offseason.

FWIW pick 2 to LV for 9, 40 and Adams places a trade value on Adams as between picks 23 and 24 on the modern draft value chart. They get a top QB prospect of McDaniels’ choosing plus the draft capital return they’ll get trading Carr away which I don’t think will be insignificant. We get Adams and 2 top 40 prospects. Sign me up for that. 

As far as I am aware you can designate them as a post June 1st trade for contract purposes but still send them earlier...just the cap remains the same until that date...

I agree Adams & #9 + #40 for #2 I would do today.

9 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

FWIW pick 2 to LV for 9, 40 and Adams places a trade value on Adams as between picks 23 and 24 on the modern draft value chart. They get a top QB prospect of McDaniels’ choosing plus the draft capital return they’ll get trading Carr away which I don’t think will be insignificant. We get Adams and 2 top 40 prospects, one in the top 10. Sign me up for that. 

Adding Adams to our offense completely remakes skill positions from suck to good.

Adams, Mooney and Claypool, Jones and whoever - you can work with that.   

Raiders had Adams, Renfrow and Waller with a decent Oline and haven't been able to do Richard with it.  But Carr isn't Fields and doesn't present dual threat - or any threat apparently.   HOF credentials not withstanding.   

I would need to know Adams is 100% on board with coming and ready to work and not coast it out though.  

We would still need a good OT and a C and two good DL by draft or FA even with Adams to compete for North.   Bears have some major holes.