Week 7 Gameday Thread: Green Bay Packers (3-3-0) @ Washington Commanders (2-4-0)

Striker

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think my biggest problem with Rodgers this year, and a few years in the recent past, is that he isn't patient enough to take what a defense gives him for long.  He can do it for a few drives here and there, but after an opponent scores on us to make it close or to take the lead he starts chucking it up deep down the field.  Often it has no chance of being complete.  Then you get the three and outs and the defense comes back out to get smacked around some more.

This is one of the better summaries of the frustrating parts to his game, without knee jerk hot take crap filled in. A++

Years past he also had weapons to push down field, right now his most explosive asset lines up in the backfield with him.

Edited by Laces Out

1 hour ago, Laces Out said:

This is one of the better summaries of the frustrating parts to his game, without knee jerk hot take crap filled in. A++

Years past he also had weapons to push down field, right now his most explosive asset lines up in the backfield with him.

The other equation for Rodgers is the OL who I would put most the blame on for last week because he was getting little time to get anything to work even in the intermediary and some short routes.  In the past we could probably get by with it because when he was younger he had the ability to escape out of a collapsing pocket and sometimes outrun the defenders either to the right or the left, and then you'd see the classic zinger he'd fire in either to Cobb or Jordy, and he could do it even off balance.  He no longer has that same level of mobility though and when the pocket collapses now, he can end up going down even if a DLman only gets him with one hand.

Besides the OL and being more efficient in the passing game, a simple change GB has to make is the RB distribution. There is just no reason why Dillon should be splitting carries with Jones right now. Unless they are on the field together it should be two series for Jones for every series for Dillon. Dillon is struggling big time right now and Jones is arguably our best player on offense. I know you don't want to burn him out, but he needs wayyyy more touches.

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 3:27 PM, packfanfb said:

Packers playing yet another team we are healthier than entering the game. Can't really use the injury excuse this season to date. Hopefully this is the week we turn it around, especially on the OL. 

You guys are going whos that one packers fan that doesn’t like me?. Wonder if he still thinks I’m a fake fan.

Crazy to think that this game seems so important to me. Would've never thought that at the beginning of the season. I hope we see a much improved line play leading to us sticking to the run game, and maybe creating a play action pass or two. This team needs a win, and a boost in confidence going forward. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Crazy to think that this game seems so important to me. Would've never thought that at the beginning of the season. I hope we see a much improved line play leading to us sticking to the run game, and maybe creating a play action pass or two. This team needs a win, and a boost in confidence going forward. 

Washington DL is tough. How ever I do think greenbay gets 2 turn overs and makes henickie look bad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toddfather said:

Question

is Rodgers tradeble next year ? At all

I feel so numb about this game. I legitimately care less about this game than I have in long time. 

If we lose, we're looking at a train wreck which would be interesting and end in a refresh.

If we win, I don't think we learn anything about this team. 

So there's no real great outcome to be confidently happy about.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Must win game.

One way or another, you are going to find out a lot about this team tomorrow.

Washington has a good run defense, it's not as simple as giving it to Jones and Dillon.    They may have to throw to move the ball.  Hope they're ready.

Edited by NFLGURU

50 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

One way or another, you are going to find out a lot about this team tomorrow.

Washington has a good run defense, it's not as simple as giving it to Jones and Dillon.    They may have to throw to move the ball.  Hope they're ready.

This is the crossroads. Living in LA I'm just happy I get the game - hoping to see the coaching staff fight back. It falls on them to make the adjustments they need to have this team live up to it's potential.

If this ends up being a 5-7 win season, it would be interesting to see who is held accountable. The shakeup could be significant.

4 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Question

is Rodgers tradeble next year ? At all

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/aaron-rodgers-3745/

Rodgers is unmovable until at least 2025. Maybe 24, but dead cap of 24.5 million is a real hard pill to swallow.  The nearly 100 million dead cap next year means that, no, we cannot trade him.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/aaron-rodgers-3745/

Rodgers is unmovable until at least 2025. Maybe 24, but dead cap of 24.5 million is a real hard pill to swallow.  The nearly 100 million dead cap next year means that, no, we cannot trade him.  

Dead cap is much higher than that. It's 49.8M if he retires, 99.8M if we cut him and 98.6M if we trade him. We are ****ed finantially.

• Like 1