Week 7 Gameday Thread: Green Bay Packers (3-3-0) @ Washington Commanders (2-4-0)

Striker

The amount of Rodgers hate on here is completely baffling yet not really all that surprising I guess. It has to be based on his personal opinions/beliefs or just complete lack of football IQ because I simply don’t understand it. Has Rodgers played MVP like? No. Has he missed throws? Yes. Deep shots? Yep. But the guy is far from washed. Those 2 throws to Lazard were as good as is it gets. Offense dropped 20 on the Giants in the first half. Drove the ball into their territory 2 of the 3 other drives. Jets game was horrible, but the OL was atrocious, receivers dropped balls, bad thumb in the rain, Saleh seems to own Lafleur on the regular. I know some people aren’t happy unless they can complain about something, but the guy can still turn it on with a flip of a switch, and the offense has shown glimpses of that all year. Feels like Lafleurs first year in 2019, shows big signs then stalls others. I understand the frustration but the level some of you take it to is....well, predictable actually. 

I hate to say this but I think we are going to lose on Sunday:

+ Jonathan Allen is just the beast Williams is = leads team in sacks, TFL and Ints

+ Allen also has a running mate in Payne - both have 3.5 sacks each

+ Washington are 4th in the Leage in sacks - they in theory can hurt us just as bad as the Jets did with just their front 4 - Allen,Payne, Sweat & Obada, the other two guys have 3 sacks each 

+ Wentz not playing, I think the other kid is better - he moves

+ They got hybrid players who both can run and catch well: Gibson, Samuel, McKissic

+ If someone can get them the ball they got WRs that can hurt us

+ We are away

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

I hate to say this but I think we are going to lose on Sunday:

+ Jonathan Allen is just the beast Williams is = leads team in sacks, TFL and Ints

+ Allen also has a running mate in Payne - both have 3.5 sacks each

+ Washington are 4th in the Leage in sacks - they in theory can hurt us just as bad as the Jets did with just their front 4 - Allen,Payne, Sweat & Obada, the other two guys have 3 sacks each 

+ Wentz not playing, I think the other kid is better - he moves

+ They got hybrid players who both can run and catch well: Gibson, Samuel, McKissic

+ If someone can get them the ball they got WRs that can hurt us

+ We are away

The only counter to this is that Rivera is a pretty bad coach, so for once, the other team won't have a considerable coaching edge on us. 

16 hours ago, MaryTsraining3s said:

The amount of Rodgers hate on here is completely baffling yet not really all that surprising I guess. It has to be based on his personal opinions/beliefs or just complete lack of football IQ because I simply don’t understand it. Has Rodgers played MVP like? No. Has he missed throws? Yes. Deep shots? Yep. But the guy is far from washed. Those 2 throws to Lazard were as good as is it gets. Offense dropped 20 on the Giants in the first half. Drove the ball into their territory 2 of the 3 other drives. Jets game was horrible, but the OL was atrocious, receivers dropped balls, bad thumb in the rain, Saleh seems to own Lafleur on the regular. I know some people aren’t happy unless they can complain about something, but the guy can still turn it on with a flip of a switch, and the offense has shown glimpses of that all year. Feels like Lafleurs first year in 2019, shows big signs then stalls others. I understand the frustration but the level some of you take it to is....well, predictable actually. 

I think my biggest problem with Rodgers this year, and a few years in the recent past, is that he isn't patient enough to take what a defense gives him for long.  He can do it for a few drives here and there, but after an opponent scores on us to make it close or to take the lead he starts chucking it up deep down the field.  Often it has no chance of being complete.  Then you get the three and outs and the defense comes back out to get smacked around some more.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

And his 1v1 deep balls are either tough Catches or Out of Bounds, why not under throw it to give the WR the advantage coming back to it, or create a PI.

Unless it's an intended back shoulder throw, an underthrown ball has a decent chance of being intercepted.