Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

3 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Jeudy might be someone worth a 2nd, but I don't know if Gute sees it that way. Or even if Jeudy is on the market.

I think the Jeudy trade hype is more fan driven than reality driven. When they gave up what they did for Wilson, and when they lost Tim Patrick, that cemented Jeudy as being part of the Broncos this season.

So frustrating to watch a mediocre team do nothing. I would prefer they buy, I would be ok with it if they sold and re tooled for next year, hate doing nothing. It is basically admitting the team is going no where but not having the balls to do anything about it. 

Edited by umphrey

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Jeudy and DJ Moore are the most interesting names that have been mentioned and each have upside worth a gamble IMO.

I don't see the Panthers giving up Moore as they've said they see him as a building block.

Elijah Moore would be the one that would make sense, but Saleh wants him in New York for reasons?

Just now, Striker said:

I don't see the Panthers giving up Moore as they've said they see him as a building block.

Elijah Moore would be the one that would make sense, but Saleh wants him in New York for reasons?

Teams say all kinds of nice things about a player, sometimes they trade them away a day later anyway.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, umphrey said:

So frustrating to watch a mediocre team do nothing. I would prefer they buy, I would be ok with it if they sold and re tooled for next year, hate doing nothing. It is basically admitting the team is going no where but not having the balls to do anything about it. 

I think there's a bit of logic by Gute: The team probably isn't good enough to borrow from the future to help it. The NFC is bad, so it doesn't make much sense to sell it off either. They've opted for wait and hope for some luck. If Doubs/Watson play a little better down the stretch, and Elgton comes back strong, this team could make the wildcard with 7-8 wins.

4 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

I think there's a bit of logic by Gute: The team probably isn't good enough to borrow from the future to help it. The NFC is bad, so it doesn't make much sense to sell it off either. They've opted for wait and hope for some luck. If Doubs/Watson play a little better down the stretch, and Elgton comes back strong, this team could make the wildcard with 7-8 wins.

I agree with this logic but let's not give Gute the benefit of the doubt here. He wasn't trading for anyone regardless of our record, resources or otherwise. He just doesn't do it, and he's proven it the past 3 years. This is just another Tuesday. 

8 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

If he really believes that then give up some picks in round 3 or 4 and get a WR or TE. Those picks are not going to kill our future if we give them away. Or give a 2nd and change for someone like Claypool, he can be a long term piece just as well as a 2nd round pick can. 

Edited by umphrey