Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Then we should've tried to sell Jones, Savage,  maybe Jenkins or Tonyan.

Yes I agree.

Jones especially could have commanded a really nice package.  Savage and Tonyan don't have any value.  Maybe 6th rounders at best.

Jenkins I think they want to keep long term.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Then we should've tried to sell Jones, Savage,  maybe Jenkins or Tonyan.

Savage is guaranteed. Jenkins/Tonyan are upcoming free agents. Jenkins is likely a building block of the future. Jones would be the only one, and he's due a bunch of money next year. I doubt they all together would fetch a 1st round pick.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Could you imagine the bitchfit 12 would throw if they did that? Like it or not, as long as 12 is signed, nobody is getting sold off.

Oh yeah I'm sure he'd be so upset to see the all pro players get traded. Literally everyone listed other than Jones is JAG. 😅 Not tonyan taking 3 years out of his break to get open. Impossible to replace that lack of speed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I still think there's a whisper of a chance this team can improve, especially on the defensive side.

But it has to be really really hard to commit future picks to this team as it's playing right now.

WR made sense because they'd be on next year's roster, on a rookie deal. Next year's FA class is brutal. It will take a trade or early round DP to improve that room now.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Or Aaron on Gute. Spoiled Gute's plan to replace him, got his $$$ and long-term deal, and then said, "yea I'm done with that MVP play." 

Interesting to make that decision in a divisional round game, considering that's where it started.

• Like 1