Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

3 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Shouldn't you be spending hours compiling a handful of select plays to show how all of this is Aaron Rodgers' fault? I mean that's what you're doing here. Picking out one aspect of an article and trying to turn that into what the entire article is about to then try and say it's thus flawed. Even the flaw you try to point out is based in ill logic. MVS isn't effective because he puts up 8 catches for 100 yards each week. He can be used effectively to stretch defenses and open things up for others. If I'm not mistaken the Packers scored around 8-10 more points per game with him on the field. KC and GB both traded away clear #1 WRs last year. One of those teams has actually improved on offense this year. One team knows what it's team needs to make it offense click and goes out and gets exactly what it needs with a clear plan. Green Bay can have a plan but it has a structure making it much more difficult to implement.

You think Murphy sits up there and says "no Gute you can't go improve the receiver room." Lol. 

Plenty of us who know this scheme were fine with the receiver room as we entered camp. The system is meant to open up receivers through the route tree, not individual iso successes. We don't run the scheme as it's truly meant to be run because Rodgers still wants Mac's WC ideologies mixed in there. The offense hasn't worked because the OL room hasn't had the same starting lineup for like a single game this year and the receiver room was decimated by injuries. The Chiefs went out and got some scraps that are not long-term pieces to their offense, just fill-ins. They have a QB in tune with his QB's vision and have stayed relatively healthy. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Did you say that out loud first? Perhaps you should have. The Packers under the structure Murphy set up do not operate the same way they did under Wolf and Thompson. They are taking bits and pieces of what each of Gute, MLF, and Ball want to do and trying to mash it together. It's not an instant failure but over time it will fail and we're seeing the evidence of it now.

There's no evidence anywhere that Murphy has any say in roster construction. Prove me wrong. The point of the "silos" was not for Murphy to get involved in roster constructions, but to make sure the HC and GM were more involved in collaborating on those decisions. So we didn't have Mac standing on a podium, not really sure himself why we cut Josh Sitton, getting grilled from the media as to why we cut Josh Sitton. 

You mean the GM and the salary cap expert work together to see if the financials work, and sometimes he tells Gute "no"!?! That's every team in the NFL lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You think Murphy sits up there and says "no Gute you can't go improve the receiver room." Lol. 

Of course not. It's having to run everything through too many people that leads to indecisiveness, a muddled plan, and opens up more room for error. The Packers are flying by the seat of their pants. Look at Murphy's quote in the article when asked what the team would look like when asked right after Adams was traded. Their answer to filling that void was drafting a raw rookie and signing an oft-injured cheap vet. Drafting Love with a 1st round pick was an indication of a clear plan. Has that plan been implemented? There isn't a single sane person here who can claim that it has. The question is, who steered who off that plan?

We've reached the stage where in the span of a few short pages of discussion we have everyone saying this situation is a mess, but when an issue raised by NFL executives is presented, the loudest among us rush in to defend the current situation. Don't ever change Packers nation.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

Of course not. It's having to run everything through too many people that leads to indecisiveness, a muddled plan, and opens up more room for error. The Packers are flying by the seat of their pants. Look at Murphy's quote in the article when asked what the team would look like when asked right after Adams was traded. Their answer to filling that void was drafting a raw rookie and signing an oft-injured cheap vet. Drafting Love with a 1st round pick was an indication of a clear plan. Has that plan been implemented? There isn't a single sane person here who can claim that it has. The question is, who steered who off that plan?

Where does Murphy have a say in roster construction? Where has he ever said Gute has to ask him permission to make moves? Gute had multiple other interviews for GM roles he turned down for this structure, I doubt he did that to be Murphy's *****. There was little to no communication or collaboration at the end between Mac and Ted, the structure that's in place now is so that Murphy can ensure that doesn't happen with Gute and LaFleur. Roster construction should be a collaboration between HC and GM.

The plan changed once Aaron Rodgers put together probably the best two year run in NFL history. I'd argue being fluid with your plans vs rigid is a pro, not a con. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

We've reached the stage where in the span of a few short pages of discussion we have everyone saying this situation is a mess, but when an issue raised by NFL executives is presented, the loudest among us rush in to defend the current situation. Don't ever change Packers nation.

Let me guess, anonymous sources told you that Murphy has the final decision?

25 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Did you say that out loud first? Perhaps you should have. The Packers under the structure Murphy set up do not operate the same way they did under Wolf and Thompson. They are taking bits and pieces of what each of Gute, MLF, and Ball want to do and trying to mash it together. It's not an instant failure but over time it will fail and we're seeing the evidence of it now.

It is interesting how this comes up now, from you.  The organization is flawed with it's setup.

Right after another poster now talks about how the GM has failed in the draft....for quite some time.

Interesting to me that these points were not made when we were winning 13 games a season and getting close to the Superb Owl.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Let me guess, anonymous sources told you that Murphy has the final decision?

Lol, that all you got? Rather than attempt to offer any inside information, I'll just leave you with a simple question directed for everyone to ask themselves...

Do you believe that Mark Murphy had no influence on the decision to deviate from the overall plan initiated when Love was drafted in 2020? In other words, that the GM who drafted him and has since refused to trade him, has acted entirely on his own to deviate from the plan in place on 4/23/2020?

I could answer this myself but I won't. And I don't even disagree with the deviation from that plan. I have and always will disagree from how that deviation came to be. It's not a winning formula.

6 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Lol, that all you got? Rather than attempt to offer any inside information, I'll just leave you with a simple question directed for everyone to ask themselves...

Do you believe that Mark Murphy had no influence on the decision to deviate from the overall plan initiated when Love was drafted in 2020? In other words, that the GM who drafted him and has since refused to trade him, has acted entirely on his own to deviate from the plan in place on 4/23/2020?

I could answer this myself but I won't. And I don't even disagree with the deviation from that plan. I have and always will disagree from how that deviation came to be. It's not a winning formula.

At this point, yes.  You've offered inside information that really hasn't come to fruition, so it's not like you've got built credibility (like a former member).  I refuse to take the conspiracy theory path.  A guy who comes from a financial background isn't the puppet master.  He isn't the one making all the moves.  His job is purely as a liasion between Gutekunst and LaFleur.  A mediator if you will.

As for your scenario, if you would have told any of the Big 3 (LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy) that Rodgers would go on to have an MVP season in back-to-back years after taking Love, they probably would have all told you that you were insane.

29 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Yep, it's a boat adrift moving quickly toward the seas of mediocrity.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

At this point, yes.  You've offered inside information that really hasn't come to fruition, so it's not like you've got built credibility (like a former member).  I refuse to take the conspiracy theory path.  A guy who comes from a financial background isn't the puppet master.  He isn't the one making all the moves.  His job is purely as a liasion between Gutekunst and LaFleur.  A mediator if you will.

As for your scenario, if you would have told any of the Big 3 (LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy) that Rodgers would go on to have an MVP season in back-to-back years after taking Love, they probably would have all told you that you were insane.

Looking forward (not really) to the day when everyone laments the failure of the "3 silos" structure after this organization falls flat on its face much like the year I spent being the only one telling everyone that Aaron Rodgers would be extended, not traded, and now it's taken for granted that it was the plan all along.

Here's the good news - Murphy is going to retire soon and the "3 silos" structure will depart with him. Bad news, it won't come soon enough.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

Looking forward (not really) to the day when everyone laments the failure of the "3 silos" structure after this organization falls flat on its face much like the year I spent being the only one telling everyone that Aaron Rodgers would be extended, not traded, and now it's taken for granted that it was the plan all along.

Here's the good news - Murphy is going to retire soon and the "3 silos" structure will depart with him. Bad news, it won't come soon enough.

Why would you draft a QB if you plan on extending your QB?  That literally makes ZERO sense.  Like even a second of critical thinking would tell you that.  There was a material difference that changed the equation.