2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

16 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

He called out the defense effort and intensity a few days ago. The response was getting fired. Not absolving Nash of any blame but he was in one of the worst situations possible.

Nice, took about 2 years for that. Before Kyrie’s tweet were 1-5. Who’s responsible for that? The situation was far from ideal for him and I know it’s near impossible to win a championship with that but come the results on the court were underwhelming mostly. 

I really kinda think Bol Bol is gonna get a 25m per year kinda contract after next season… He’s so ******* good lol. I’m shocked. Can’t believe he’s strung together like 8 really strong performances in a row. Bol probably a bigger part of the future of Orlando than Franz tbh 

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It was completely obvious at the time too. 2 bigs who have massive deficiencies. Rudy is useless outside of 5 feet and KAT is a turnstile on defense. And they thought putting kat at the 4 was a good idea so now he has to go outside and defense wings. Hilariously bad idea. 

Their only issues have been offensively, the defense has been great so far actually. Even the Pels struggled for a while when trying to play Boogie and AD together, and both of those guys have more offensive skill in their pinky than Gobert does at all. And as soon as they started to click Boogie got injured and the rest is history. I think they'll be fine, but I said it at the time of the trade and stand by it now, I don't think that trade moves the needle for them much at all long term. Don't think this ever gets them over the hump and turns them into a true championship contender and now they have no assets to further improve the team. 

Their main issue is that their offensive system is so ugly. Watch a Warriors game, watch a Suns game, watch a Jazz game, watch a Pels game, etc and you'll see a lot of good offensive basketball. You'll see cuts, you'll see ball movement, you'll see SMART iso plays, then watch a Wolves game and you'll see a bunch of guys standing still while everyone else plays your turn my turn basketball. It reminds me of the Harden Rockets without anyone near the offensive skillset of peak James Harden to run it. 

3 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

I really kinda think Bol Bol is gonna get a 25m per year kinda contract after next season… He’s so ******* good lol. I’m shocked. Can’t believe he’s strung together like 8 really strong performances in a row. Bol probably a bigger part of the future of Orlando than Franz tbh 

Glad to see he’s finally playing up to his nba2k potential 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

So nice now that the forum has mostly turned to the idea that Kyrie is an awful awful person to have on your team. 

@Troy Brown we arent alone anymore

I specifically remember warning Celtics fans they were going to turn on Kyrie when they traded for him. I wasn't believed.

54 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I specifically remember warning Celtics fans they were going to turn on Kyrie when they traded for him. I wasn't believed.

I've hated him since his rookie year. I've hated him since my pickup group would slobber all over him and he never did anything to deserve it until lebron came.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

They aren’t bad. Mitchell has been decent this year. Garland has always been underrated. He doesn’t give up and can get steals. Their issues will be their size. 

That's moreso what I meant. They can try all they want, but the right team with enough big wings can just pick on them.