2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

7 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Also Dyson Daniels is a rookie who eats stars for breakfast. Luka, Murray, now Booker. Even LeBron. All defended extremely well by him.

It’s insane. In back to back years they’ve drafted special, All-Defense potential wing defenders.

Edited by TitanSlim

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

It’s insane. In back to back years they’ve drafted special, All-Defense potential wing defenders.

And also draft TM3 and signed Jose. Always feels good to kill 2-3 drafts in a row. Franchise altering.

19 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

The Suns are a very good regular season team and should be favored over us tonight with the injuries. Regular season isn't what they're on fraud watch for though, it's the playoffs.

Just had to lay down the reverse jinx to be safe 

42 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

And also draft TM3 and signed Jose. Always feels good to kill 2-3 drafts in a row. Franchise altering.

Yeah, the Pelicans have really set themselves up to be a force for the next 5+ years. Exciting times AND we have the Bucks picks for a good long while. Who knows what that team looks like in 2-3 years. 

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

After the era of guys teaming up, it’s so refreshing seeing the Celtics, Grizzlies and Pelicans flourishing through homegrown talent. Have to throw the Warriors in there too.

4 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

After the era of guys teaming up, it’s so refreshing seeing the Celtics, Grizzlies and Pelicans flourishing through homegrown talent. Have to throw the Warriors in there too.

Yeah, the Warriors are a dynasty but even without KD which made them a superteam they still have 2 championships and a wins record. I wish they would stop winning lol but they definitely belong. If you consider BI homegrown (which I would, yeah he was drafted by the Lakers but he was traded here early in his career and has mainly flourished here) then you have several contending teams all of which only have 0 or 1 non-homegrown player be a part of their core. And if they have a non-homegrown one, it was usually a trade and not a free agency decision. Warriors, Celtics, Pels, Grizz, Suns, Bucks, Cavs, Nuggets, 76ers. The closest non-homegrown team to contention is the Clippers who are always injured and then... the Nets at 15-12 and coming off a first round sweep? It's been great to see the shift in the NBA. Feels like stars don't really care about the market they play in anymore, just competent teams. Giannis, Steph, Book, Embiid, and Jokic all re-signed past their rookie extension in markets and/or teams that weren't considered desirable before they got there. Zion is on as team friendly of a contract as you could have with a player like that's rookie extension. 

4 hours ago, amac said:

At the end of last season I said we’d have the most talented team top to bottom and posters here called me crazy. Dont think the talent is a perfect fit together, but definitely haven’t changed my mind. 

Yeah, I think that's why we've been better with one of our stars missing. More shots to go around for the role players in their natural positions and better defense because none of our 3 stars really played defense. Zion has improved so much on that end though and CJ/BI have at least been putting in effort on that end, I think the defense will remain fine with them in. We're not gonna finish with the 3rd ranked defense (underlying numbers show the Pels have been lucky with opponent 3 point shooting, up until the Suns going 22/44 last night lol) but we'll still be good. We've protected inside the arc extremely well which is much less prone to the variance of the 3 point line. The biggest thing that needs to be worked on is the offensive fit, CJ just needs to learn and fit into his role as a 3rd option and play catch & shoot more while being a PnR ball handler option. No more CJ isos. A Zion or BI iso is a far more efficient play if we're gonna iso.

2 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Yeah, the Warriors are a dynasty but even without KD which made them a superteam they still have 2 championships and a wins record. I wish they would stop winning lol but they definitely belong. If you consider BI homegrown (which I would, yeah he was drafted by the Lakers but he was traded here early in his career and has mainly flourished here) then you have several contending teams all of which only have 0 or 1 non-homegrown player be a part of their core. And if they have a non-homegrown one, it was usually a trade and not a free agency decision. Warriors, Celtics, Pels, Grizz, Suns, Bucks, Cavs, Nuggets, 76ers. The closest non-homegrown team to contention is the Clippers who are always injured and then... the Nets at 15-12 and coming off a first round sweep? It's been great to see the shift in the NBA. Feels like stars don't really care about the market they play in anymore, just competent teams. Giannis, Steph, Book, Embiid, and Jokic all re-signed past their rookie extension in markets and/or teams that weren't considered desirable before they got there. Zion is on as team friendly of a contract as you could have with a player like that's rookie extension. 

The league is in a great spot. So much (young) talent all over the league, with a high majority being homegrown. It’s why I get annoyed when off court stuff, potential trade talk and free agent discussions about a guy still under contract is the main talking points instead of games and the league wide talent.

I also think the NBA has done a terrible job of promoting their young guys but I digress.

Don’t look now but look at what the Nets are doing?

Idk how they scored 136pts on the road and won with everyone out but they did. Vaughn is coaching his butt off and has the Nets playing well. Coaching matters and we see the difference with Nash as the coach and now with Vaughn as the coach. The Nets are currently in 4th place in the East playing great basketball and I love what I’m seeing.

Cam continues to impress. I’m confident Kyrie won’t be back next season but the Nets won’t need him as Cam looks to be a very solid replacement as that scoring guard. Nets got a steal with him in the draft and he needs to play more and more bc he can flat out ball.

Edited by stl4life07