Week 7 GDT - Monday Night Misery

Sugashane

Regardless of snap count we need someone to make easy completions. Velus is no Welker but he should be able to run routes like Cohen did. Just getting 5-6 yards on first or 2nd down would be a nice boost. Fields can't keep dropping back and taking nothing but deep shots, he needs to get the ball out faster. That is on him and Getsy to do. ATM Kmet, the RBs, and Velus are underutilized in the short game. Maybe Harry can get 3-4 short catches to help as a big body receiver too. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

If you can scheme end arounds for ESB and ISM, you can scheme touches for Velus. The guy played at 2 major college programs over 6 years. He should know how to run a basic route tree.

Key word

I'm not sure he does though

Edited by beardown3231

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think the point is he doesn't need to be a great route runner...he just needs some set plays that lets him use his natural talent with ball in hand...don't need the full tree for that.

Oh trust me I agree. Their usage of him so far on offense has been a joke. I know I bag on him often but there's no point in rarely getting him the ball on offense especially considering the other options

• Like 2

14 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Oh trust me I agree. Their usage of him so far on offense has been a joke. I know I bag on him often but there's no point in rarely getting him the ball on offense especially considering the other options

Maybe he is that clueless.

They gave reps and targets to Smit-Marsette who was literally sabotaging us over Velus.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bfan said:

Anybody else hear reports of OL changes tonight?  I just heard a report on 670 that Patrick is moving to C and Scofield is sloting in at LG

Yeah that is the new starting lined up…about time we got to see Patrick at Centre…I hope it not only helps him but helps sort some of the communication mix ups we saw with Mustipher in…can’t be any worse that for sure…hopefully Patrick understands what a stunt is because Sam sure didn’t…dude should be out the league next year…Mustipher rant over 😂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Yeah that is the new starting lined up…about time we got to see Patrick at Centre…I hope it not only helps him but helps sort some of the communication mix ups we saw with Mustipher in…can’t be any worse that for sure…hopefully Patrick understands what a stunt is because Sam sure didn’t…dude should be out the league next year…Mustipher rant over 😂

May I suggest not challenging Worse? He is very vindictive and things are bad enough.

10 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

When the Pats have the ball for 42 minutes tonight the excuse of why the offense stunk will be that they couldn't get into a rhythm 

Or it will be the tried and true the offense couldn't do anything and the defense got tired.

• Like 1

I really want to see Harry get some targets tonight...I doubt he is a starter next year but we need to know what he can bring...his size & physicality is something Fields just hasn't had until this point...let's see if he can use it to at least be somewhat valuable.