Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

9 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Barry's preference seems to be to sit back in zone and protect against the big play. He has shown lately that he can come up with a more aggressive scheme and execute that. . But he has to be pushed out of his comfort zone to do that. MLF needs to realize that. 

Why is that?  It seems that Capers and Pettine needed a kick in the pants to get them to be more aggressive too.  And it would work for about 2-3 weeks, then they would be passive again.   

5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Pretty sure Capers was uber aggressive 

It was stages with him though.  When he had Nick Collins running around, and Charles Woodson, but not really horses up front, he blitzed a ton.  But I felt he was just rushing 3 or 4 by the time that he had Peppers and Matthews.  Or I could be mistaken, and the secondary was SO bad that it didn't matter if we blitzed or not.  

• Like 2

Geez, this thread really reflects just how spoiled the fan base is.

We just had a historic run over the last three years (no hardware though) and now we're supposed to 'burn it down.

It's getting painful to just read some of the threads. 

The ignore list grows....

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

We just had a historic run over the last three years (no hardware though) and now we're supposed to 'burn it down.

Like the Eagles had a historic run with McNabb and then had to fail for a decade before winning with Nick Foles?

People need to stop calling it a historic run. It was more like a historic failure.

The Bills lost 4 straight Super Bowls and nobody remembers ****.
Historic failures don’t count for anything. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Like the Eagles had a historic run with McNabb and then had to fail for a decade before winning with Nick Foles?

People need to stop calling it a historic run. It was more like a historic failure.

The Bills lost 4 straight Super Bowls and nobody remembers ****.
Historic failures don’t count for anything. 

everyone remembers the Bills lost 4 straight super bowls, even those that didn't watch it or weren't yet alive

11 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Yeah, the "Superbowl or Bust" crowd is getting pretty tedious. 

Is the goal to win the Superbowl? Yes.

Can I still be satisfied with a season that ends without a Lombardi trophy? Also yes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Yeah, the "Superbowl or Bust" crowd is getting pretty tedious. 

Is the goal to win the Superbowl? Yes.

Can I still be satisfied with a season that ends without a Lombardi trophy? Also yes.

It is just my favorite TV show.  Maybe I am just getting old.  But it really doesn't affect any other part of my life other than the 4ish hours that the game is on.  Absolutely like winning more than losing.  But I realize that I don't win or lose, the team wins and loses.  I am just watching.  I also really like to try to figure out what will fix the various problems, given the resources that the team has.  

But I absolutely get enjoyment, and satisfaction out of seasons when the team doesn't win the championship.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It is just my favorite TV show.  Maybe I am just getting old.  But it really doesn't affect any other part of my life other than the 4ish hours that the game is on.  Absolutely like winning more than losing.  But I realize that I don't win or lose, the team wins and loses.  I am just watching.  I also really like to try to figure out what will fix the various problems, given the resources that the team has.  

But I absolutely get enjoyment, and satisfaction out of seasons when the team doesn't win the championship.  

Yeah I always pose the same question, which team would you rather have:

• Win one super bowl in a decade as a 7 seed, but you're a bottom feeder for the other nine years
  • A team that makes deep playoff runs every year, wins the division, but no Superbowls

I'd rather have option 2. You get 3-4 sunday night games, a bunch of the 4:30 slot games on FOX, and a consistent enjoyment of getting to lord your success over division rivals. You can actually have game watch parties with your family and friends, since your team is good enough to support publically.

The Superbowl option feels good for a year, but then you're right back to being a terrible franchise. Browns fans do not organize watch parties for their 1pm games.

Pretty embarrassing how quickly our "fans" have turn on our management and our QB anytime we're not winning 75% of our games.

Anyone wanting to fire Gute or LaFleur just instantly go into my mental ignore list. The same flip-floppers were demanding answer from Murphy on if he extended them this summer.

Rodgers, I can totally understand wanting to move on and save cap and see what we have in Love, hell that's the route I want to go. The stuff I'm reading and hearing on the radio though, man, it's like he wakes up every morning and pees in your Cheerios. He's still most likely the greatest QB any of you will watch in your lifetime, appreciate what you had.  

This is like our 5th bad season since 1992. **** happens, some teams endure this every year. Root for our young guys, watch college football and get excited about a top 15 pick, put on some Christmas music, make a cocktail and relax. 

• Like 5