Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

Well, I'll say this.  There are no moral victories for this one even if the offense did play their best game tonight.  We're out, and there must be a regime change as LaFleur, Gute and Murphy are all responsible for this awful Barry debacle and it cannot be allowed to continue beyond this year.

Having said that, we do have a few keepers here we need to build the team around, and those being Nixon and Watson.

Next week, I say start Love.  As much as Rodgers would want to tough it out, we gotta preserve him just in case we need him next year.  Start Love vs Chicago because we're out of the playoffs now and while I'm not gushing over his performance tonight, I think it's worth the look to see what he has.  A win-win either way you draw it up, though we need a new GM to fix the offense and defense for next season and get us upgrades over Deguara, Lewis, Watkins, and to replace Cobb.

I think we got the pieces to build on for the future, but we need a better GM who isn't a total boob like Gute.

• Like 1

I need to see Love play a couple games to get a good feel on what life is like without Aaron for Matt LaFleur.  Love's performance tonight was promising .. thought he did some nice things, although I'm not sure the Eagles still had it cranked up.  Let's see if LaFleur can give Love a game plan that works for his skills.  I think that's a big question that LaFleur needs to answer.

As for the defensive coaches .. I think I might **** can all of them if I was LaFleur.  Throw the bag at Fangio and let him hire his own assistants .. then stay out of his way.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I need to see Love play a couple games to get a good feel on what life is like without Aaron for Matt LaFleur.  Love's performance tonight was promising .. thought he did some nice things, although I'm not sure the Eagles still had it cranked up.  Let's see if LaFleur can give Love a game plan that works for his skills.  I think that's a big question that LaFleur needs to answer.

As for the defensive coaches .. I think I might **** can all of them if I was LaFleur.  Throw the bag at Fangio and let him hire his own assistants .. then stay out of his way.

Best interest for GB organization going into 2023 is to

• sit Rodgers so his thumb can heal and there is no long term injury that impact his 2023 season if he is in the plans 
  • play Love to see what you have.  better to know what you have with a longer look vs be left wondering.  If he sucks, then you know and can move on.  if he shows something, then you decide on whether he is tradeable in 2023 or if you think he can be the starter after Rodgers is gone.  
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Best interest for GB organization going into 2023 is to

• sit Rodgers so his thumb can heal and there is no long term injury that impact his 2023 season if he is in the plans 
  • play Love to see what you have.  better to know what you have with a longer look vs be left wondering.  If he sucks, then you know and can move on.  if he shows something, then you decide on whether he is tradeable in 2023 or if you think he can be the starter after Rodgers is gone.  

Three: keep Barry until the end of the season because tanks.

If Love looks good enough, we're trading Rodgers. I think he'll accommodate a trade to a couple different teams.

9 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

I think we got the pieces to build on for the future, but we need a better GM who isn't a total boob like Gute.

I actually came away from this game thinking the exact opposite.

When I look at a GM, I look for the following attributes:

1. Drafts well

-This has been endlessly discussed here, but I think Gute has takes bottom 5 draft capital but produces a top 12 roster. When I look at the struggles of the Packers this year, they look a lot more like lack of execution rather than lack of talent.

2. Manages the cap well 

-Gute has been sorta reckless with the cap, but most folks would agree that maximizing Rodgers last years was warranted. I've been critical of the extension he gave Rodgers, but overpaying a HoF QB is hardly a move you can fire a guy for. If you buy the idea that Rodgers's 2022 struggles are injury based, I'd say Gute is not the problem.

3. Scouts for the next QB

-Still incomplete, but every time I watch Love play I get more optimistic.

4. Finds "value" players (players who outplay their contracts)

- I'd give Gute a solid 9/10 grade here. Last year was Rasul and Campbell, this year I'd say Ford and that Hollins guy fit this. All of these guys were found on the scrap heap and look like they can produce meaningful depth.

I know I'm in something of a minority here, but I'm excited about what Gute could do with this team if the coaching struggles and QB situation work themselves out.

• Like 5

Listening to Wilde and Tausch and Wilde says after the game last night, LaFleur said Rodgers was in so much pain on the last drive that he kept calling run plays...WTF. You have a backup qb for a reason! Is he afraid to piss off AR? Soft. Glad to see Jordan have a good outing and hope it leads to seeing more of him as this forgettable season winds down.

17 minutes ago, JanPackz said:

Listening to Wilde and Tausch and Wilde says after the game last night, LaFleur said Rodgers was in so much pain on the last drive that he kept calling run plays...WTF. You have a backup qb for a reason! Is he afraid to piss off AR? Soft. Glad to see Jordan have a good outing and hope it leads to seeing more of him as this forgettable season winds down.

I'm telling ya .. every one of these guys a top the Packers organization is scared to death of what life beyond Rodgers will be like. Either that or they all pay him lip service so he doesn't go all diva on them again.

Say what you want about life after Rodgers.  I'm fine either way.

But....I don't feel like I'm going out on limb here, but.....  I dare say we win 3 more games, this year to this point, if Love were under center.

I loved seeing that arm action last night.  Lasers.  Tight spirals.  Quick decisive reads.  We all saw that.

But did you see the quick feet?  That has me excited as anything else.  A QB that can be under center and move quickly to evade the rush and to function in the true run and play action game.

If Rodgers wants to play for us next year, he needs a full off-season of work on those legs to function in this offense.  

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Say what you want about life after Rodgers.  I'm fine either way.

But....I don't feel like I'm going out on limb here, but.....  I dare say we win 3 more games, this year to this point, if Love were under center.

I loved seeing that arm action last night.  Lasers.  Tight spirals.  Quick decisive reads.  We all saw that.

But did you see the quick feet?  That has me excited as anything else.  A QB that can be under center and move quickly to evade the rush and to function in the true run and play action game.

If Rodgers wants to play for us next year, he needs a full off-season of work on those legs to function in this offense.  

Rodgers looks sluggish compared to Love

• Like 3

4 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm telling ya .. every one of these guys a top the Packers organization is scared to death of what life beyond Rodgers will be like. Either that or they all pay him lip service so he doesn't go all diva on them again.

It’s a mix of both for sure

6 hours ago, pgwingman said:

I actually came away from this game thinking the exact opposite.

When I look at a GM, I look for the following attributes:

1. Drafts well

-This has been endlessly discussed here, but I think Gute has takes bottom 5 draft capital but produces a top 12 roster. When I look at the struggles of the Packers this year, they look a lot more like lack of execution rather than lack of talent.

2. Manages the cap well 

-Gute has been sorta reckless with the cap, but most folks would agree that maximizing Rodgers last years was warranted. I've been critical of the extension he gave Rodgers, but overpaying a HoF QB is hardly a move you can fire a guy for. If you buy the idea that Rodgers's 2022 struggles are injury based, I'd say Gute is not the problem.

3. Scouts for the next QB

-Still incomplete, but every time I watch Love play I get more optimistic.

4. Finds "value" players (players who outplay their contracts)

- I'd give Gute a solid 9/10 grade here. Last year was Rasul and Campbell, this year I'd say Ford and that Hollins guy fit this. All of these guys were found on the scrap heap and look like they can produce meaningful depth.

I know I'm in something of a minority here, but I'm excited about what Gute could do with this team if the coaching struggles and QB situation work themselves out.

Wrong on all counts

1.  For every Rashaan Gary, Jaire Alexander and Christian Watson he drafts, he gives you 2 busts.  AWFUL!!!

2.  Sorta reckless?  His financial management is worse than every single goddamn politician in Washington.  Ridiculous!!!

3.  Only point I might find agreement with, or at least starting this next Sunday and closing out the season maybe.  I still think Love forces too many throws and is too inconsistent with his play, but yes I do want to see if he can continue improving and becoming a refined QB.  And at this point with the playoffs gone from us and Rodgers's injuries having taken their toll, Rodgers needs to be shutdown and Love given the reins for the remainder of the season so we can make a more informed decision on him.

4.  Sorry, but I'm done dealing with 1 off players like Rasul Douglas who have one year wonders and then just fall off.  Pretty much Eric Walden types that we don't need.

Anyway, Gute has wasted the last years of Aaron Rodgers, and his incompetence in building an offense will be a millstone dragging down Jordan Love in his prime if his butt isn't kicked outta here immediately!!!  Gute is responsible for this awful season and he must be fired for it.

Depending on what we decide to do with Love after this season, LaFleur should also be facing the likelihood of being fired.  If we opt to trade Rodgers and start Love next year, well LaFleur probably should stay, even if I don't like him because Love having to learn a new playbook and philosophy already at this point could set him back a bit.  But if Love gets traded or something, and we draft Caleb Williams or another guy, then fire LaFleur too.

3 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Wrong on all counts

1.  For every Rashaan Gary, Jaire Alexander and Christian Watson he drafts, he gives you 2 busts.  AWFUL!!!

2.  Sorta reckless?  His financial management is worse than every single goddamn politician in Washington.  Ridiculous!!!

3.  Only point I might find agreement with, or at least starting this next Sunday and closing out the season maybe.  I still think Love forces too many throws and is too inconsistent with his play, but yes I do want to see if he can continue improving and becoming a refined QB.  And at this point with the playoffs gone from us and Rodgers's injuries having taken their toll, Rodgers needs to be shutdown and Love given the reins for the remainder of the season so we can make a more informed decision on him.

4.  Sorry, but I'm done dealing with 1 off players like Rasul Douglas who have one year wonders and then just fall off.  Pretty much Eric Walden types that we don't need.

Anyway, Gute has wasted the last years of Aaron Rodgers, and his incompetence in building an offense will be a millstone dragging down Jordan Love in his prime if his butt isn't kicked outta here immediately!!!  Gute is responsible for this awful season and he must be fired for it.

Depending on what we decide to do with Love after this season, LaFleur should also be facing the likelihood of being fired.  If we opt to trade Rodgers and start Love next year, well LaFleur probably should stay, even if I don't like him because Love having to learn a new playbook and philosophy already at this point could set him back a bit.  But if Love gets traded or something, and we draft Caleb Williams or another guy, then fire LaFleur too.

Is the 12 in your username your age? 

• Like 2