Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

4 minutes ago, pf9 said:

We've officially lost the division. No way LaFleur is HC next season after surrendering the division to the Vikings.

If he's fired, I'll never post again, if he's not, you never post again.

Deal?

Deal.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, pf9 said:

We've officially lost the division. No way LaFleur is HC next season after surrendering the division to the Vikings.

Lol the division was lost months ago.  And even if we're not mathematically officially eliminated yet, give it about 2 weeks and we're all set.  Honestly those aren't even the biggest problems though.

Biggest problems are being loyal to Joe Barry, running a junky offensive play book, and not being willing to give Jordan Love his shots.  He and Gute are proven talent wasters and they do nothing to inspire the team.  That's what he should be fired for, as well as celebrating meaningless wins like today's game which only prove we're able to beat other dumpster teams.

1 minute ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Lol the division was lost months ago.  And even if we're not mathematically officially eliminated yet, give it about 2 weeks and we're all set.  Honestly those aren't even the biggest problems though.

Packers can't even be eliminated during their bye week.  They would have been eliminated if Washington beat New York today, and then won next week as well.

8 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

running a junky offensive play book

What should we (be very specific Bill Parcells) be doing on O to improve this junky O playbook?

Don't be shy. You're the expert here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Norm said:

What should we (be very specific Bill Parcells) be doing on O to improve this junky O playbook?

Don't ask questions like that if he's been in your bar three times longer than you have.  However, that would explain some of the cloudy thinking he's been presenting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

Don't ask questions like that if he's been in your bar three times longer than you have.  However, that would explain some of the cloudy thinking he's been presenting.

The dude is like Pop Warner and he knows everything scheme and coaching but you ask a simple question about what they should do and he goes ghost.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Norm said:

The dude is like Pop Warner and he knows everything scheme and coaching but you ask a simple question about what they should do and he goes ghost.

I'd be willing to place a nominal wager on the fact that the same people who are complaining that no one gets open for Rodgers are going to be complaining about how love can't hit an open receiver when he gets in, without giving any thought to where the open receivers mysteriously came from

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Norm said:

I'd say having a QB that can operate the offense while under center would be a great place to start.

Then a QB who will run the ball on third and short and not play hero ball.

Man, there were so many times I saw guys open and Rodgers just wasn't pulling the trigger.  Course, he did get the win and he drop a few dimes, but I have little doubt that we see a different offense if a less experienced QB, with mobility, is under center.

I do bag on MLF, but I can't get overly specific about the offense, because what we see, I feel, is more or less Rodgers audibles most of the time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I'd be willing to place a nominal wager on the fact that the same people who are complaining that no one gets open for Rodgers are going to be complaining about how love can't hit an open receiver when he gets in, without giving any thought to where the open receivers mysteriously came from

Well there's a lot of myth propagation out there which people are making up saying every play Rodgers runs is something he drew up and none come from LaFleur's playbook.  Lol that's literally what they believe.

Now, going to back to reality.  I tend to think the WR open/not open stuff is a mix of things.  I think as has been said a few times by some, some of it is the WRs we draft or sign themselves that have fit a certain mold for years.  Big tall guys and not as much quicker smaller more agile guys.  I think you need a good mix of both to be a potent offense, and our front office should change their philosophy on these drafts a bit more.

Some I think is in the playbook where instead of running man beater routes, crossers, or other ways to beat the one on ones as we should have done last Sunday when the Bears were in man coverage, we seemed to be trying to push everyone downfield with longer developing routes in certain situations.  We had some years when that was the way under McCarthy and it's here under LaFleur.

Now ... where might Rodgers have a bit of blame?  He has for a while liked the longer developing downfield plays, and he does like to hold the ball for a while if he doesn't see what he likes.  The upside to that is he's patient, but sometimes a bit too patient when it means taking sacks and what not.  Now enter Jordan Love, are we going to be seeing some whole new playbook or new found WR group that just breaks open suddenly?  I say no.  But ... Things may look a bit differently under Love though because one aspect that he's different from Rodgers on is he doesn't hold the ball.  But he's also less patient and when guys aren't open he still tries to force it in there where they are just as Favre did.  So, in that respect things may look different once he assumes the starting role.  He might actually give us more big play opportunities with that style, but expect to see a lot more interceptions as well.

13 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Titans fired GM Jon Robi son, so if you want someone with a proven record of success to replace Gute, there's at least one on the market now.

I believe that their fans did not like him.  Poor drafts.

I think they believe that they win because their head coach is that good and the HC was at odds with Robinson.  Specifically over trading Brown.