Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

On 12/25/2022 at 8:45 PM, coachbuns said:

Blah blah blah.  We get it you dislike MLF.  He isn't going anywhere!  ***** all you want .. they've won 3 in a row ... he AINT going to be fired.

2 of which are against **** opponents.  3 in a row is meaningless.

Btw, doesn't matter if we make the playoffs or not.  There's only one way I'm changing my mind about firing LaFleur, and that is that he must beat his old buddy Kyle Shannahan and the 49ers in their own stadium if we make the playoffs.   If he doesn't, I will double, triple, and shout louder than ever for him to be fired.  Losing 3 playoff games to those guys is unacceptable and is a bigger cardinal sin than losing any regular season games to the Bears.

It's beat SF in the playoffs, or GTFO, period.  Failure on that front is not an option, and Mike Holmgren damn well knew that.

1 hour ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Btw, doesn't matter if we make the playoffs or not.  There's only one way I'm changing my mind about firing LaFleur, and that is that he must beat his old buddy Kyle Shannahan and the 49ers in their own stadium if we make the playoffs.   If he doesn't, I will double, triple, and shout louder than ever for him to be fired.  Losing 3 playoff games to those guys is unacceptable and is a bigger cardinal sin than losing any regular season games to the Bears.

It's beat SF in the playoffs, or GTFO, period.  Failure on that front is not an option, and Mike Holmgren damn well knew that.

What does Holmgren have to do with this? He lost to SF in the playoffs then took another job.

Troll alert.

11 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Troll alert.

Naw.  Not a troll.  He just doesn't like MLF.

I get it.  I'm not sold that MLF is all that much of a coach either.  I'm more on the fence of MLF winning games because of Rodgers.

But then again, it was MLF that got Rodgers to buy into this offense and win 2 MVP's in a row.

But, to each their own.  If this is the hill he wants to die on, then so be it.  I may not agree with it, but it is his opinion, right or wrong.

I mean, we've got another guy on here who apparently wants to die on the hill that GB is stupid for re-signing young guys to good contracts when they don't play premium positions.  I don't agree with it, but it is an opinion.  

• Like 3

On 12/24/2022 at 12:37 PM, incognito_man said:

I don't know how I've never heard of this man. I legitimately want to tour Italy and see his works now. What a cool life. 

Thanks for the link

We come to FF to talk football, but we stay for the Italian Sculpture History

• Like 2

Lafleur is a good head coach and in no way should he be fired. Not only because he has done nothing to deserve to be fired but what precedent does it set going forward? You fired a coach who won 13 games in his first three seasons and at this point is a fringe playoff team in his fourth. Do you think the next "hot shot" head coach being pursued is going to put Gb at the top of the list knowing the last guy got fired after those results? It is likely that Gb would be the bail out job as any candidate coming out is going to feel like they need to win a Super Bowl every year or fear being canned if they have one minor slip up or down season. So no do not fire Lafleur, or Gute even at this point. Reactionary firings have long lasting negative effects. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Lafleur is a good head coach and in no way should he be fired. Not only because he has done nothing to deserve to be fired but what precedent does it set going forward? You fired a coach who won 13 games in his first three seasons and at this point is a fringe playoff team in his fourth. Do you think the next "hot shot" head coach being pursued is going to put Gb at the top of the list knowing the last guy got fired after those results? It is likely that Gb would be the bail out job as any candidate coming out is going to feel like they need to win a Super Bowl every year or fear being canned if they have one minor slip up or down season. So no do not fire Lafleur, or Gute even at this point. Reactionary firings have long lasting negative effects. 

I agree with you, first off.

But...being the head coach during those year in which GB won 13 games does not make him a "good head coach".  Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl and was not a good head coach.

I'm being a devil's advocate there.  

I obviously feel like MLF is a good head coach.  And I'd stop there.  I wouldn't say he is great, or excellent.  But I can get on board with "good".

Also...no way should he be fired.  He hasn't lost the team in the least.  

Also...I don't worry about the "image" of the organization as it relates to coaches.  It isn't like Holmgren passed on GB when GB was awful as an organization and he was the young "hot" offensive coach out of San Fran.  Green Bay has history and will always appeal to someone who can tell themselves that they won't mind the climate and the small city.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I agree with you, first off.

But...being the head coach during those year in which GB won 13 games does not make him a "good head coach".  Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl and was not a good head coach.

I'm being a devil's advocate there.  

I obviously feel like MLF is a good head coach.  And I'd stop there.  I wouldn't say he is great, or excellent.  But I can get on board with "good".

Also...no way should he be fired.  He hasn't lost the team in the least.  

Also...I don't worry about the "image" of the organization as it relates to coaches.  It isn't like Holmgren passed on GB when GB was awful as an organization and he was the young "hot" offensive coach out of San Fran.  Green Bay has history and will always appeal to someone who can tell themselves that they won't mind the climate and the small city.

I think we are on the same page with your first statement. I would have Lafleur in the good to slightly above average category.

The image issue would be front office related. Job security and loyalty can be a big draw for an aspiring head coach. If the know the front office is prone to knee jerk reactions at the first sign of trouble it can be the deciding factor between GB and other more stable front offices.

On 12/26/2022 at 8:11 PM, LLcheesehead12 said:

While I can see some reasoning behind this post, that reasoning is very minor. To me, this just screams of someone who takes the littlest of whispers & screams them out at the top of their lungs, just to be heard. It's over dramatizing a situation that doesn't need dramatizing to begin with. It's eyebrow raising at best, not shout it from the roof top level yet. Just saying ...

Edited by Nick_gb

On 12/26/2022 at 10:29 PM, chefj85 said:

What does Holmgren have to do with this? He lost to SF in the playoffs then took another job.

Lol, guess you missed the first 3 playoff games he had against them where he kicked their butts.  He kicked their butts 3 years in a row, starting in 1995 when that 49er team was a 21 point favorite, and then again in 96 and 97 on his way to two Superbowl appearances.  Yeah he finally lost that game in 1998, thanks still to some blind refs who screwed up the play where Jerry Rice should have been ruled as having fumbled that ball.

But his overall playoff record against them was 3-1.  That's 10000x better than our current mediocre big game blowing idiot head coach and his predecessor.  So don't give me this ridiculous "what does Holmgren have to do with it" crap.  Holmgren is the only Packer HC in the modern era with a winning playoff record against SF.

Matt LaFleur is 100% at fault for our last two playoff losses against SF, and if we make it to the playoffs, which entails beating Minny this Sunday which would knock em out of the 2 seed and put SF in that spot guaranteeing our opening playoff game is there.  If we make it, LaFleur must be given the ultimatum to win it or be fired.  0-3 vs SF cannot be tolerated.

On 12/27/2022 at 11:36 AM, CrazyJoeDavola said:

No they don't.  It worked for Indianapolis when they kicked Jim Mora Sr outta there.

All we gotta do is just get a HC who's going to get in front of the microphone and tell everyone the team is going to pound SF in the playoffs because that's his stated mission.  No different than when Lovie Smith took to the mic after being hired by the Bears and said he would beat us.

No they don't.  It worked for Indianapolis when they kicked Jim Mora Sr outta there.

All we gotta do is just get a HC who's going to get in front of the microphone and tell everyone the team is going to pound SF in the playoffs because that's his stated mission.  No different than when Lovie Smith took to the mic after being hired by the Bears and said he would beat us.

The Packers' coach during the majority of Lovie Smith's tenure has an outside shot at the Hall of Fame if he gets a bounce or two with his current team. Lovie Smith will not sniff the hall. Using him as a reference point for success has to be some kind of joke. He's lost more games than he's won. 

• Like 3